Leidos is seeking a Machine Learning Research Engineer in Ann Arbor, Michigan!
We are leaders in the exploitation of airborne and satellite imagery for automated target detection and classification. We are looking for someone to join our technical team who can immediately start supporting our existing research programs. This is an opportunity to use your ML and image/signal processing experience and expertise to conduct applied research, software development, and transition new and innovative solutions to address difficult surveillance problems in the defense and intelligence communities.
The opportunity awaits to create your own research portfolio by exploiting advanced image and signal data into actionable information.
These are some of the interesting things you will be doing:
- Working with small teams on the research, design, and development of sensor exploitation systems including object/target detection and classification.
- Collaborating with our customers to address challenging surveillance mission requirements by developing new capabilities as well as making improvements to existing systems.
- Interacting with technical and management staff at Leidos and our customers to execute research and development projects, document and report project results and support business capture efforts.
To be successful in this job you will need these skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering or related field with 4+ years of experience in Computer Vision, Deep Learning and/or Signal Processing or a Master’s degree and 2+ years of prior relevant experience.
- Must have the ability to obtain and maintain a security clearance.
- Strong Python and PyTorch capabilities.
- Excellent written and oral communications skills and the ability to effectively interface with and brief your ideas and technical solutions to coworkers, teammates, and customers.
You will really impress us if you have these skills and/or interests:
- Experience integrating machine learning solutions into software useable by others.
- Familiarity with exploiting remote sensing data and imagery, particularly Synthetic Aperture Radar (SAR), data.
- Experience developing software in Linux environments.
- Interest and desire in crafting and leading your own research program portfolio within the U.S. defense and intelligence communities.
Pay Range:Pay Range $74,750.00 - $115,000.00 - $155,250.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.