Leidos is seeking a Functional Analyst with experience supporting HR management systems implementations for the federal government. This position will specialize in human resource processes and work closely with key business users and with IT business analysts, developers, and database administrators to determine the most appropriate technical strategy to meet business needs.
This position requires the ability to obtain a National Agency Clearance and Inquiries (NACI) clearance.
- Provide project management support as required by the Program Manager.
- Create program-level reports as required by the Program Manager.
- Contribute to the development of the Transition-in Plan.
- Provide guidance to the technical team members on federal HR policies and regulations.
- Participate in the planning and execution of the system readiness assessment.
- Share deep expertise in HR business functions and processes.
- Evaluate business processes, anticipate requirements, uncover areas for improvement, and collaborate with the team members to document requirements and implement solutions.
- Respond to questions/issues raised by the technical team members and business users regarding software and business functions.
- Provide input to the training team for the development of training materials.
- Document processes and system functionality as needed.
- Produce "ad-hoc” reports for HR data for benchmarking and ROI estimation purposes.
- Serve as liaison between business users and technical resources (developers / database administrators).
- Support the change management process including documentation and communication.
- Minimum of 8 years of relevant experience as functional analyst for HR management systems
- 2+ years of experience with Workday implementations
- Process Experience: Workforce Management, Talent Acquisition, Recruiting, Onboarding, Payroll and Time and Attendance
- Knowledge of federal HR policies and regulations
- Ability to successfully communicate technical decisions to non-technical audiences and build consensus around them.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent critical thinking and problem solving skills.
- Excellent planning, organizational, and time management skills.
- Self-starter with ability to work on teams, as well as quickly learn new functionality.
- A bachelor's degree in Business, Management, Communication, Systems Engineering or other relevant field
Substitutions of Education
- 5 years’ relevant experience + Master’s degree may be substituted for education
- 10 years’ relevant experience be substituted for education
- Certifications: IIBA Business Analyst
- Prior experience supporting programs at Veterans Affairs
10-20% of the time
Pay Range:Pay Range $81,900.00 - $126,000.00 - $170,100.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.