Come join one of our high performing teams responsible for building enterprise solutions serving the Veterans Affairs. Be part of the mission solution and help lead VA’s Digital Modernization Strategy. Are you an US citizen, US resident, or Visa candidate and think you might fit the job description? We recommend you apply and start the conversation today! Join us in supporting Veterans Affairs and our nation’s Veterans.
Your passion and values might be a good fit for our teams if you answer “yes” to the following questions:
- Are you looking for a company that puts employees first, with a focus on career, flexibility, and well-being?
- Do you enjoy collaborating with colleagues and teammates and believe that the best ideas are fostered in an inclusive environment?
- Are you searching for a team with a strong sense of ownership, urgency, and drive for daily mission success?
- Are you comfortable with proactive outward communication and technical leadership?
- Do you enjoy being a catalyst, solving complex problems, and providing innovative solutions?
- Do you have the flexibility, creativity, and resilience to pivot the mission for success?
- Do you have the courage to make tough ethical decisions with pride, transparency, and respect?
Leidos is seeking a Senior Functional Analyst with experience supporting HR management systems implementations for the federal government. This position will specialize in human resource processes and work closely with key business users and with IT business analysts, developers, and database administrators to determine the most appropriate technical strategy to meet business needs.
This position requires the ability to obtain a National Agency Clearance and Inquiries (NACI) clearance.
- Develop a deep understanding of the customer’s immediate and long-term needs.
- Build relationship with and coordinate with the customer’s governance bodies to assist with the business needs and requirements documentation and prioritization.
- Analyze and document the customer’s business success criteria for the IT modernization effort, and propose metrics to measure the team’s progress against the success criteria.
- Manage the business analysis and product configuration team, composed of business analysts and Workday configuration analysts, in analyzing and documenting business processes, business and functional requirements, and technical requirements, and in configuring the Workday COTS system according to the requirements collected.
- Stay abreast of Government legislation, regulations and policies regarding human capital management and perform impact analysis of new legislation, regulations and policies to inform the IT modernization initiative.
- Liaise with customer stakeholders to identify customer SMEs and change advocates and engage with them to support the business process and requirements analysis effort.
- Support the change management process including documentation and communication.
- Minimum of 8 years of relevant experience as functional analyst for HR management systems
- Minimum 5 years of team or project management experience
- Experience analyzing and documenting HR business processes
- Experience performing requirements analysis using Agile methodologies
- 2+ years of experience with Workday implementations/configuration changes
- Process Experience: Human Capital Management Core function; Personnel Action Processing; Manpower/Position Management; Manager Self-Service; Employee Self-Service
- Deep knowledge of federal HR policies and regulations.
- Experience interfacing with senior and executive level customer staff to understand needs and challenges and propose solutions.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent critical thinking and problem solving skills.
- Excellent planning, organizational, and time management skills.
- Self-starter with ability to work on teams, as well as quickly learn new functionality.
- A bachelor's degree in Business, Management, Communication, Systems Engineering or other relevant field
Substitutions of Education
- 5 years’ relevant experience + Master’s degree may be substituted for education
- 10 years’ relevant experience be substituted for education
- Certifications: Workday certification a BIG PLUS; IIBA Business Analyst
- Prior experience supporting programs at Veterans Affairs
10-20% of the time
Pay Range:Pay Range $81,900.00 - $126,000.00 - $170,100.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 47,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.