The NASA IT portfolio within Civil-EMS currently has an opening for an Email Systems Engineer. This is a telework position, but the ideal candidate will reside within reasonable commute distance from a NASA operating center. This is an exciting opportunity to use your experience helping the NASA End-User Services and Technologies (NEST) mission. In this mission, we serve as an agile, trusted partner to transform, integrate, simplify, modernize, and safeguard NASA IT systems and data. And, above all else, continuously enhance the end-user experience.
The Email Systems Engineer is responsible for supporting and enhancing the mail flow environment at NASA to include M365 and on-premise Infrastructure. This includes Red Hat Linux based post fix servers, Exchange Online, Microsoft Defender, M365 security suite, SMTP gateways, SPF/DMARC/DKIM, networking to include express routes, DNS, and IP management. Having a technical background in these technologies will be key to success of position.
Must be able to clearly articulate technical dialog with a variety of audiences to include NEST and NASA management. Must be able to work within a team environment as this position will interact with not only members of NEST but also cross contracts with other service offices.
- Delivering, supporting, and enhancing technologies from Microsoft 365 in Exchange Online, Exchange Online Protection, Microsoft Defender, legal holds, and retention policies.
- Delivering and supporting enhanced mail flow and mail flow security, SMTP, Mobile Device Management, SPF, DKIM, DMARC, certificate management.
- Must know how to update systems that work with Email. For example: enable scan to email and fax to email functionality.
- Change Email Domain mx records to change mail flow
- Supporting Active Directory and identity management services, ADFS, SSO SAML Integrations, GPO, and MFA.
- Supporting Red Hat Linux as well as Postfix.
- Supporting networking environment to include express route, DNS, IP management, Kerberos authentication and OAuth.
- Resolves highly complex problems using significant application of technical knowledge, reasoning and interpretation.
- Actively participate in projects and activities to deliver the services defined on the NEST innovation roadmap.
- Monitor technology trends and vendor roadmaps to anticipate changes and implement new technologies while minimizing risks. Regularly review the tools and processes used to deliver NEST services and manage NEST systems.
- Work with NEST engineering to add emerging technologies that can benefit NASA to the NEST innovation roadmap.
- Provide technical review for changes to endpoints and endpoint management systems that are managed by NEST.
- Create and maintain system documentation, test plans, work instructions, and knowledge articles along with business continuity strategies.
- Identify and implement changes to existing on premise mail flow infrastructure to move to cloud to reduce costs.
- Partner with NEST vendors to monitor product roadmaps and participate in technology previews.
- Be a part of technical teams as a SME in execution of large technical projects or processes.
- Complete tasks related to change implementation, incident resolution, and project delivery.
- Responsible for helping support and administer M365 suite of services for mail flow as well as on premise Linux mail infrastructure to include upgrades, virtualization, server builds, migrations, and decommission.
- Introducing new and modify existing Microsoft 365 mail flow features and services across NASA and support customer issues.
- Working with security to enhance security posture of our environment.
- Managing and creating PowerShell scripts.
- Experience as IT Systems Engineer in mail flow
- Extensive PowerShell knowledge
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present complex technical subjects in an effective way to audiences with a differing levels technical expertise.
- Ability to work efficiently and effectively in a telework environment while maintaining healthy communication with peers, leadership, customers, and project stakeholders.
- Reliable internet connection for telework
- Suitable workspace that is conducive for focusing on complex work assignments and participating in frequently online video meetings.
- Experienced with project management and process improvement
- Ability to multitask in extremely fast paced environment
- Experience in delivering solutions and technologies such as cloud-based architectures like Azure and/or AWS in a large complex enterprise
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE: Requires BS degree and 12 – 15 years of prior relevant experience.
Pay Range:Pay Range $101,400.00 - $156,000.00 - $210,600.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 44,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.