Global Information Grid (GIG) Service Management-Operations (GSM-O), a Defense and Intelligence Group of Leidos has an opening for an Information Assurance Engineer at Scott AFB, IL.
The Information Assurance Engineer is responsible for protecting DISA’s information and information systems from unauthorized access or use and identifying risks and vulnerabilities. Duties include managing and enforcing customer policies, completing and assessing vulnerability scans and providing analysis and recommendations. The individual will report to the GSM-O Cyber Security Lead and be a member of a team supporting the daily security operations of the multiple classified and unclassified networks and maintaining the appropriate Information Assurance (IA) posture.
- The individual shall possess a working knowledge of the system or enclave functions, its technical IA safeguards, and its operational IA measures.
- The individual needs to be flexible, dependable and be able to multi-task with priorities.
- The position requires the individual have extensive background in information systems to include Information Assurance, Computer Network Defense, and secure network configuration practices for servers, switches and routers.
- Determine applicability of Information Assurance Vulnerability Alerts/Bulletins to assets.
- Coordinate network scanning of assets and analyze reports to identify mitigation actions.
- Implement software patches, upgrades, and configuration changes as directed by change control board
- Validate security posture of assets (servers and network devices) using security technical information guides and security requirement guides
- Collaborate with program information assurance staff, program management, and local engineers to ensure an appropriate security posture is maintained.
- Candidate will assist in creating and maintaining system documentation and support accreditation activities.
- The individual must satisfy both preparatory and sustaining DoD standard training and certification requirements as a condition of privileged access to any DoD information system.
Qualifications – Internal Section…
- Bachelor's degree in a relevant technical discipline and 4-8 years of overall related experience. Specific experience, education and training may be considered in lieu of degree..
- Must have experience or training in IA and IA supporting technologies and vulnerability assessment tools.
- Experience with ACAS, eMass, and HBSS
- Linux and/or Windows server experience.
- Working knowledge of DoD 8500 series and NIST 800-series.
- Familiar with DISA and DoD security and IA policy and the application of security policy (e.g. STIGs)
- Excellent project, technical, interpersonal, presentation and problem management skills.
- Currently possess DoD 8750 certification at IAT level II, e.g. Security+ce or higher.
- Currently possess an active Top Secret security clearance with the ability to acquire a SCI.
- Experience with a ticketing system such as BMC Remedy or ITSM
- Experience with Cisco and Juniper network devices
- Experience Information Assurance Technology Framework (IATF) Defense in Depth principles
- Experience with DISA and DoD assessment and authorization processes (e.g., RMF).
- Experience with VMware vSphere/ESXi 5.
- ITIL certification.
Pay Range:Pay Range $74,750.00 - $115,000.00 - $155,250.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 45,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.