Leidos has an immediate need for a Senior Project Manager to support the AEGIS contract at NASA's Goddard Space Center (GSFC) in Greenbelt, MD / Virginia / District of Columbia (DC) area. The AEGIS contract provides high quality integrated communications services for secure voice, video and data solutions and services to NASA customers worldwide. Candidate will provide project management support on the CP NASCOM Mission Network Environment at Goddard Spaceflight Center (GSFC) located in Greenbelt Maryland.
- Overall responsibilities include technical project oversight and responsibility of schedule, cost, risk, and resources using various delivery concepts such as PMP, Agile, DevOps, ITIL, and/or NASA’s NPR7120.7 System Engineering (SE) methodologies from project start-up to completion
- Establish and maintain IT project activities and deliverables in support of NASA projects and initiatives from project start-up to completion to include project planning, requirements definition, building, execution, testing, implementation, and closeout
- Provide senior team leadership and project oversight over technical and solution requirements, project risks, and project costs from project start-up to completion as well as identify, manage, and mitigate project risks, constraints, and dependencies as needed
- Manage approved requirements of a project’s product and product components and easily identify inconsistencies between requirements and design prior to implementation and customer delivery
- Provide direct project management interface with NASA Communications Program (CP) and NASA Project Stakeholders throughout each part of project lifecycle
- Brief and consult with executive-level management and subject matter experts often on technical requirements, project risks, schedule, and cost management
- Manage project progress against corrective actions when project performance significantly deviates from project plan
- Participate in customer and technical requirement and design reviews as needed
- Residence at or near NASA Center site location
- MS Project Professional
- MS Office 365 Suite
- Software Development Lifecyle (SDLC) experience
- Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification
- PMP certification and/or knowledge of PMP methodologies
- Agile Scrum Certification and/or knowledge of Agile Scrum methodology
- NASA NPR 7120 Systems Engineering (SE) knowledge
- Excellent vendor and stakeholder engagement
- Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) knowledge
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE: equires a BA degree and 8 – 12 years of prior relevant experience
Pay Range:Pay Range $81,900.00 - $126,000.00 - $170,100.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.