Leidos is seeking a detail oriented, dependable, Payroll Tax Compliance Specialist with excellent analytical abilities to join its team. This position will be responsible for providing support related to payroll tax, audit requests, status reporting, special projects, and other duties as assigned. This role reports to the Payroll Tax Manager of US Payroll.
In this role, you will ensure accurate and timely review of payroll tax reporting and funding. You will interact with cross functional Leidos teams (e.g. Finance, Corporate Tax, HR, and Global Mobility) to provide resolution on payroll tax issues and concerns; along with timely and correct resolution of tax issues with vendors, internal partners, and employees. Additionally, you will monitor status of amended payroll returns, set up tax accounts, coordinate tax notices and support payroll tasks on special assignments.
Please note that this position has a pay range of $60,000 - $70,000.
- Perform basic analysis & research related to payroll tax reconciliations, and audits
- Address tax issues related to the processing of multi-state payrolls, staying in compliance with federal, state, and local guidelines
- Ensure the tax setup of new hires and transfers is accurate
- Review of amended tax returns for prior quarter/year corrections; log cases, monitor status to completion and save final package
- Submit tax notices received by Leidos to vendor; log cases, research and assist vendor with resolution; monitor status to completion, escalate critical tax issues as needed
- Contact the IRS, State and Local tax agencies to discuss and resolve various tax issues
- Research and resolve tax cases opened by vendor
- Review quarterly tax reports and support various weekly, quarter and year end audits
- Review state unemployment rate changes/notices; coordinate rate changes with payroll vendor
- Review requests for new tax filing accounts; process new jurisdiction application forms; coordinate new account and filing requirements with vendor
- Ensure compliance with policies, regulations, and new wage/tax laws
- Serve as a point of escalation for tax questions or issues from employees
- Detect and resolve routine and complex payroll tax anomalies
- Prepare external reports to internal business partners
- Support help desk team by answering and resolving employee tax escalations
- Support the payroll team with special projects
- Process current and prior year wage and tax adjustments
- Monitor the tax email box
- Assist with various quarter and year end activities
- Operate against standard operating procedures & processes to meet regulatory, compliance and internal requirements
- Other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma with 3-5 years of progressive payroll experience
- Strong attention to detail
- Deadline Oriented
- Effective communication skills
- Ability to assess appropriately when to escalate employee or system issues
- Outcome driven mindset with complete focus on accuracy and timely processing
- Organized and focused to drive results, improve processes, manage complex escalations, and meet operational deadlines
- Strong ability to work as a team, with focus on collaboration and developing business relations that drive high employee satisfaction but also demonstrates the ability to work and complete tasks independently.
- Experience with MS Excel, Pivot Tables, VLOOKLUP’s, and complex formulas
- Knowledge of state, and local tax regulations
- Ability to identify gaps in controls and processes
- UltiPro Payroll, Knowledge of state and local tax regulations
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.