Leidos Inc., has an exciting opportunity for an Environmental Engineer to support our growing business.
REMOTE POSITION, with travel to customer sites as needed; anticipate up to 25% travel.
The Environmental Engineer will work under the supervision of Senior Staff providing office and field support for environmental assessment, investigation, remediation, and monitoring at sites impacted by petroleum, chlorinated solvents, PFAS or other contaminants. Projects include field engineering, remediation system design and construction, remediation system optimization, remediation system maintenance and operation, site characterization (soil and groundwater), and well installation/abandonment.
- The successful candidate will work on and lead a variety of interesting site investigation, remediation and other industrial projects
- Support remedial alternatives evaluation and selection, treatability studies and field pilot testing, remedial design, permitting, remediation construction management, and remedial system operation, maintenance, troubleshooting, and performance monitoring and improvement for industrial projects under various US state and Federal regulatory programs
- Support civil/environmental engineering, design and permitting support for pipeline development/maintenance, renewable energy, and other site development projects
- Support engineering, design and permitting support for water/wastewater and energy conservation projects to help clients realize their sustainability goals, which may involve designing and ultimately constructing water and/or wastewater treatment system
- Support preparation of project documents such as work plans, reports, tables, figures, design and specifications, supporting calculations, and construction bid packages/comparisons
- Focus on team project delivery, working with a project team and taking direction primarily from Project Managers
- Work within quality/budget/schedule expectations and scope-specific assignments
- Assist in maintaining strong health and safety performance and compliance with federal, state and local regulations
- Communicate with subcontractors, site/facility personnel, client contacts, and regulators during field activities
- Bachelors degree and 4+ years of relevant experience
- Valid driver’s license with a good driving record
- Experience handling multiple project assignments, and maintaining flexibility, while meeting strict deadlines
- Must have, or be able to obtain shortly after hire, OSHA 1910.120 hazardous waste worker certification (e.g., ability to perform fieldwork at hazardous waste sites).
- PE preferred or ability to obtain w/in 6 months
- 40-hour HAZWOPER health and safety training certificate (with an up-to-date 8-hr annual refresher course certification) are desirable, but not required. Successful candidate will be required to take 40-hour HAZWOPER training and be entered into the medical monitoring program upon hire.
- Additional trainings and certifications related to the environmental field are desired and should be noted (e.g., Certified Asbestos Inspector).
- Experience with knowledge of remediation technologies and remediation systems.
- Proficiency in field documentation, technical report writing, and analysis skills.
- Prior fieldwork experience a plus.
Pay Range:Pay Range $65,000.00 - $100,000.00 - $135,000.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.