The Defense Group of Leidos has an exciting opportunity for a Communications Net-Engineer to support efforts for the OCONUS Enterprise Network (ONE-Net) portion of the NGEN-R Service Management, Integration, and Transport (SMIT) contract located in Yokosuka, Japan.
NGEN-R SMIT is the largest IT services program for the Navy, by delivering the OCONUS Enterprise Network (ONE-Net); inclusive of cybersecurity services, network operations, service desk, and data transport. Ultimately, Leidos will support the Navy in unifying its shore-based networks and data management to improve capability and service while also saving significant dollars by focusing efforts under one enterprise network.
Responsible for operating and maintaining ONE-Net server and network infrastructure. This includes responding appropriately to alerts and events and responding to incidents from triage through resolution, including escalations, where appropriate. Conduct infrastructure repairs, including directing remote activities to maintain operational effectiveness for services. Provide root cause analysis documentation in accordance with Government procedures. Document daily shift activities in appropriate reporting and ticketing tools and ensure proper pass down of any outstanding issues.
• Perform site lead related duties and functions at the direction of Area Operations Manager.
• Coordinate all maintenance and restoration activities of remote servers with the TNOSC and LNSC leadership.
• Coordinate across all ONE-Net regions on operational initiatives that require cross-regional tasking.
• Respond to all escalated service requests and trouble tickets delivered through the Service Desk.
• Ensure the escalation of incidents and problems are assigned to the appropriate Tier.
• Maintain records of daily activities, problems and remedial actions taken, and/or installation activities.
• Provide on-site field support to customers including installation, servicing and repairing of ONE-NET systems
• Participate in technical exchanges as required and answer customer questions and resolve issues and referring other issues to appropriate personnel
• Provide technical and operational input to Regional Change Review activities.
• Review existing documentation for the server, services, data storage operations, and maintenance processes and procedures, and provide recommendations for improvements/changes.
• Supervision of installation FSS technicians assigned to location.
• Provide 24/7 support for all SL-1 services and Users.
• Integrate various network operating systems, application programs and hardware devices.
• Provide technical field support to all ONE-Net customers.
• Maintains computer-based systems, local area networks or communication systems.
• Address and complete Customer Service Request (Move/Add/Changes) and Incident ticket within service level agreements and ensuring customer satisfaction.
• Maintain the sites Remedy queue management.
- A Secret Clearance is required for this position
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, MIS, or related field. An additional 4 years of experience may be substituted for a degree.
- 4 – 8 years of previous experience in the Information Technology field working as a Systems Administrator in a Microsoft Server environment or Network Administration.
- Compliant with DoD 8570 IAT Level II (Security+, CCNA Security, etc.)
- Possess at least one OS certification (MTA, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MDAA etc.)
- ITIL Foundation v3 or v4
- 6 years of previous experience in the Information Technology field
- MCSA, MCSE, Azure Solutions Architect, or Microsoft 365 Certified Modern Desktop Administrator Associate (MDAA)
- Although not required for the position, additional experience and certifications in network administration (CCNA/CCNP) are desired.
Pay Range:Pay Range $65,000.00 - $100,000.00 - $135,000.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.