Are you looking for your next “great mission” professionally? Do you feel like you have more to give, want to learn new skills and be part of a team with a rewarding mission supporting our active military? Leidos has the perfect job for you!
We are looking for a skilled and adaptable Senior Infrastructure Engineering Lead to support our $4.3 billion DOD Healthcare Management System Modernization (DHMSM) program in Vienna, VA, providing the modernization of Electronic Health Record (EHR) capabilities for the Department of Defense. Leidos, along with core partners Cerner, Accenture, and Henry Schein, will support the DHMSM Program Executive Office (PEO) and the Defense Health Agency in the global deployment of our proposed EHR system that will deliver improved system capability to the DoD whenever and wherever healthcare is required. This is one of the most exciting, cutting-edge programs that you can be a part of with Team Leidos. Our solutions will improve the quality of healthcare for some 10 million military personnel and their families. Let talk about how good it feels when you know you are making that kind of difference!!
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING
The Senior Infrastructure Engineering Lead, will work closely with senior leadership to interpret and effectively communicate program needs, provide infrastructure engineering expertise and be the primary technical Infrastructure Lead POC, tap appropriate technical SMEs when required, interact with contract management, and establish effective, collaborative communication within our Program Team. Ultimately, these activities will be extended in communication to the DHMSM customer.
- Provide technical oversight of infrastructure initiatives, project prioritization and assist in the strategic direction for the infrastructure function on an enterprise level. Set infrastructure team priorities, including the tasking for onsite/remote support, including the end-to-end support from project kickoff to implementation.
- Leverage infrastructure expertise and current technical industry trends, and assess the relative impact of IT industry trends to current and future infrastructure needs and projects.
- Interact and coordinate with Government personnel and other IT functional area experts to define infrastructure support initiatives and solutions for improving service efficiency and effectiveness.
- Oversee the development of infrastructure strategy, architecture, service delivery standards and procedures for the enterprise. Analyze and predict trends and develops long-range plan designed to maintain cost effectiveness and competitiveness of the enterprise’s IT infrastructure.
- Participate in IT strategy planning activities, bringing a current knowledge and future vision of infrastructure technology and systems and best practices (e.g., ITIL) as related to the needs of the business.
- Actively research and recommend courses of action to prevent problems and to maintain high infrastructure service levels for the user community.
- Responsible for the IT service delivery management of databases, servers, networks, storage, e-mail, directory and other technology platforms shared across the enterprise in accordance with the service levels prescribed in program performance work statement.
- Assess and track risks associated with performance, capacity, project execution. Escalates thru appropriate channels (RMT, Cyber/Engineering/Sustainment/CE). Serve as an escalation point within the System Engineering group to provide risk and mitigation strategies for ongoing challenges.
- Develop technical key performance indicators and milestones for infrastructure teams to measure process improvements and project performance. Create dashboards to keep program leadership up to date with metric data, and milestone risks.
- Evaluate engineering design for hosting projects via applicable engineering review boards.
- Interact with vendor infrastructure teams (MHS GENESIS hosting and technical services, Henry Schein One, Engineering Operations), customer (DHMSM Tech Director, Systems Engineering Assistant Program Manager (APM), Baseline APM, as well as internal program leadership.
- Review/evaluate technical proposals (stages, HW/SW/Labor assumptions for new capabilities) and provide technical guidance as applicable.
FACTORS FOR SUCCESS
- Bachelor’s Degree with 15 + years of professional experience in IT Infrastructure operations and administration to include network and security operations
- Minimum 5 years of experience in a lead role providing strategic direction for the infrastructure function on an enterprise level
- Experience with Remote Access Solutions, Firewall Security Management, Intrusion Detection Services, Network Operations Center (NOC) / Security Operations Center (SOC) Support
- Experience with Architecture, Integration Management, Enterprise Mobile Management, Mobile Device and Mobile Phone Support
- Experience with Network-Based Intrusion Detection Services (NIDS) and Host-Based Intrusion Detection Services (HIDS).
- Experience with conducting formal Certification & Accreditation (C&A) efforts
- Experience with providing enterprise architecture support and expert technical consultation for infrastructure projects.
- Experience with providing proactive and scheduled console monitoring of infrastructure and systems in near real time
- 7+ years of experience in reporting and managing SLAs
- 7+ years of experience in gathering performance metrics, analyzing and reporting.
HOW YOU WILL STAND OUT FROM THE CROWD
- Familiarity with DoD Configuration Management and Systems Engineering methodologies
- Experience with DoD, VA or Cerner electronic health record (EHR) programs and their lifecycle support
- Experience working with MHS Genesis or similar product data system
- Project Management Professional - PMP
- ITIL v3 Foundation (AXELOS)
- PMI Agile Certified Practitioner - PMI-ACP
- CISCO Certified Network Associate - CCNA-RS
- Security+ CE (Comptia)
Pay Range:Pay Range $139,750.00 - $215,000.00 - $290,250.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.