The Mission Solutions Operation at Leidos has an immediate opening for a Solution Architect to join our Chantilly, VA based team. This opportunity will support new business pursuits and on-contract growth to existing programs by collecting requirements from customers and delivering them to development teams and collaborating with capture to create a technical strategy from initial engagement through proposal delivery.
In this role, you will help customers solve their more demanding challenges. As a Solution Architect, you will work with business development, research and development, and other subject matter experts to develop optimal and differentiated Leidos solutions to be delivered on programs, in proposals, and on research and development projects. In addition to developing solutions, you will help prospective customers and partners understand the value and benefits of the Leidos solution, explain technical features and transformation strategies, engage in proof of concepts, and troubleshoot potential problems.
Some percentage of telework can be supported, but the expectation is the predominance of time will be spent in the office depending on needs and priorities.
- In coordination with program teams and National Solutions leadership, identify technology and solution roadmaps to improve mission enterprise capabilities resulting in increased contract growth and improved customer satisfaction
- Establish Leidos best practices, lessons learned, and technological approaches related to digital modernization and transformation technologies, including large-scale software development/architecture, Cloud migration, space ground systems, knowledge modeling, pattern-of-life identification/forecasting, microservices, and national/tactical integration.
- Partner with the Business Development team to support new business strategies, including the development of technical solutions, basis of estimates, white papers, industry relationships, and responses to RFIs and RFPs
- Support the Business Development team with customer calls and the Leidos’ corporate business development process for larger opportunities
- Strengthen existing programs with application of technology and/or innovation by working with peer Operations teams, Group CTOs, and other Leidos Groups, and by leveraging known technology and solutions on current programs and new business pursuits
- Understand competitor and teammate technology competencies
- Review and assess vendor technology solutions
- Assess and mentor the technical talent and solution architects in the organization to meet the current and future (new market) business challenges
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or Engineering with 15+ years experience.
- Minimum 12 years experience performing project engineering
- Minimum 7 years experience supporting US Intelligence Community customers
- Minimum 7 years experience leading technical teams
- Strong technical breadth and depth in support of the government markets and in particular in government mission software and data applications
- Experienced professional in contract performance with demonstrated technical leadership and customer relationship building
- Comprehensive industry awareness of leading capability providers to enhance our technical solution offerings
- Experience as a solution architect or technical lead on contract and captures
- Ability to author, present, and articulate problem sets and associated solution elements in settings supporting customers, business development, program delivery, technical teams, and executives
- Existing TS clearance with ability to obtain a TS/SCI
- TS/SCI clearance with polygraph
- Proven track record of generating on-contract-growth through insertion of innovation and technology on existing programs
- Strong working knowledge of Cloud, High Performance Computing (HPC), and/or hybrid solutions
Pay Range:Pay Range $139,750.00 - $215,000.00 - $290,250.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 44,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.