The Defense Group at Leidos has an opening for a Junior Full Stack Software Engineer for the Global Solutions Management – Operations II (GSM-O II) contract. This contract includes the Operations, Sustainment, Maintenance, Repair and Defense of the Defense Information System Network (DISN) within the DOD Information Network (DODIN) in support of the Defense Information Systems Agency (DISA). This role is primarily remote but candidates must be within commuting distance to Scott AFB, IL or Ft. Meade, MD for on-site support.
- Create Kibana visualizations and dashboards using React to provide information to users and support staff.
- Develop Kafka system integrations between Elasticsearch/Logstash and other systems.
- Develop robotic process automation (RPA) bots.
- Assist with the deployment, configuration, testing, troubleshooting, maintenance, updates/upgrades of Kafka and Elastic clusters and environments.
- Develop automated tests using Ansible, Selenium, JMeter, Junit and/or other applicable tools.
- Develop automated CI/CD build/deployment pipelines using Jenkins, Artifactory, Kubernetes, Docker, Ansible and Bitbucket.
- Work with an Agile team, attend daily scrums and demonstrate working software while collaborating with a geographically distributed (remote) team.
- Troubleshoot and resolve installation, infrastructure and system issues.
- Proactively and independently identify, report, monitor, and mitigate technical risks.
- Frequently communicate and collaborate with other team members to ensure successful completion of project objectives.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college in a relevant technical discipline and 1+ year of related experience obtained through any combination of coursework and internships.
- Experience with distributed version control software such as Git and Bitbucket.
- Knowledge of and ability to apply principles, theories, and concepts of Software Engineering.
- Experience developing software on a UNIX command line platform.
- Strong communication skills that enable proactive and effective collaboration with a virtual team.
- Ability to obtain interim Secret DoD Security clearance prior to start date.
- Ability to obtain Security+ certification or equivalent DoD 8570 IAT II certification within 60 days of start date.
- Experience with Atlassian tools, including JIRA and Confluence.
- Experience working remotely with a geographically dispersed team.
- Full software lifecycle automation experience (design, development, test, deployment), including deployment to a production environment.
- Experience designing and implementing application deployment pipelines and developing software in a containerized environment with Kubernetes and Docker.
- Experience designing, building and deploying DevOps pipelines with Bitbucket, Git, Jenkins, Artifactory and Ansible (or equivalent tools).
- Experience designing and building automated software testing pipelines using Ansible, Selenium, JMeter, Junit and/or other applicable tools.
- Experience with Kafka connector integrations, custom connector development and an understanding of core concepts and working experience with ksqlDB and Kafka Streams.
- Experience developing Kafka system integrations between Elasticsearch/Logstash and other systems.
- Report and Dashboard development experience with Kibana.
- Experience designing, developing and deploying software in a cloud environment (AWS is a plus).
- Experience developing and deploying software in a DoD environment (DISA experience is a plus), including experience building and deploying software applications that meet DoD security standards, including updating applications and code to meet security scans and meeting security implementation guidelines (e.g. STIGs).
Pay Range:Pay Range $50,700.00 - $78,000.00 - $105,300.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.