We currently have a vacancy for a Product Manager in our Air Traffic Management portfolio working on the Intelligent Approach product. This is an exciting opportunity to manage a product with a ground-breaking roadmap and a pipeline of international work. The successful candidate will be responsible for the continued development of a desirable and maintainable product that meet customer needs in a changing market. The successful candidate will set the direction for the engineering team and support them to build and deliver new features.
- Be responsible for the development of the Leidos IA Product Road Map and collaborate with NATS, our subject matter expert partner, to implement a total IA Product Roadmap
- Understand and advocate the customer needs to stakeholders across the organisation
- Coordinate the activities of product owners, engineering managers, engineers and system architect to develop the product by building new features and integrate these seamlessly with the IA product
- In conjunction with NATS manage and prioritise the product backlog to deliver value to the customer
- Collaborate with customers throughout the development and support life cycle and in conjunction with the NATS Product Manager be the focal point for discussion on the product future
- Support Marketing, Business Development and Capture of new opportunities
- Gain an understanding of other IA type products in the industry
- Work with and understand potential suppliers who can offer products and services that can enhance the IA product.
- Occasional attendance at conferences and Trade shows will be required
- Support and help facilitate customer steering groups.
- Previous product, project or technical management experience
- Strong problem-solving skills and the ability to provide clear direction
- Experience of the complete project life cycle from bid through to operational delivery
- Ability to build effective working relationships with the team as well as with internal and external stakeholders at all levels
- Ability to work cross-functionally in a fast-paced and rapidly changing work environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication through the use of e-mail, presentations and reports
- A good commercial and financial understanding of product development, implementation and support
- Experience with Agile practices such as Scrum and Scaled Agile
- Knowledge of the Air Traffic Management and Airport domains
A Leidos heritage companies pioneered the development of air traffic control systems in the United States more than 50 years ago. Today our systems handle 75 per cent of the air traffic in the U.S. and approximately 60 per cent of the world’s air traffic. When it comes to air traffic safety and efficiency, our proven track record and industry-leading innovations make us one of the world’s most trusted air traffic control partner.
Our support to UK Air Traffic Management (ATM) began with NATS in the early 1990’s, starting with the development of the current in-service system; and we are now at the heart of the innovative development work to modernise of ATM solutions.
Since 2015 we have worked with NATS in the development of the world’s first Intelligent Approach (IA) system that maximises landing efficiency in all weather conditions, initially for Heathrow Airport, but now for other commercial customers both within the UK and internationally.
For more information on IA please see the following link: https://www.intelligentapproach.aero/
At Leidos we are PASSIONATE about customer success, UNITED as a team and INSPIRED to make a difference. We offer meaningful and engaging careers, a collaborative culture, and support for your career goals, all while nurturing a healthy work-life balance.
We provide an employment package that attracts, develops and retains only the best in talent. Our reward scheme includes:
• Contributory Pension Scheme
• Private Medical Insurance
• 33 days Annual Leave (including public and privilege holidays)
• Access to Flexible benefits (including life assurance, health schemes and cycle to work scheme)
Commitment to Diversity:
We welcome applications from every part of the community and are committed to a truly diverse and inclusive culture. We foster a sense of belonging, welcoming all perspectives and contributions, and providing equal access to opportunities and resources for everyone. If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages please let us know, and we will respond in a way that best fits your needs
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.