Are you looking for a career that takes advantage of your editing and electronic publishing skills? Do you want to make a difference that counts? Join Leidos and make a difference for our Federal customers in national security as a high-performing communication specialist within the Department of Energy (DOE) and National Nuclear Security Administration (NNSA).
This is a full-time, telework/remote position.
- Lead an editorial and formatting team in the editing, formatting, quality assurance/quality control, and production of Reports to Congress, National Environmental Policy Act documents including Environmental Impact Statements, and other documents similar in complexity.
- Help Project Managers develop editorial/formatting quality control schedules and keep document production tasks running to those schedules.
- Ensure quality and consistency of document products including organizing and managing project and editorial files to minimize version control problems.
- Edit and/or format complex documents, ensuring a high-quality final product that adheres to specified style guidance.
- Integrate available editorial and graphic design bench staff into projects.
- Bachelor’s degree with a minimum of 10 years of relevant experience.
- Previous experience supporting government agencies.
- Minimum of two years of experience with tasks related to editing and formatting complex documents that include multiple sections. This includes advanced skills in Microsoft Word and Adobe Acrobat, importing graphics and other material into a Word document from other software, combining and splitting documents, tracking changes, version control, and some records management activities.
- Experience writing or rewriting text for clarity or meeting document objectives.
- Ability to obtain and maintain DOE Q clearance
- Experience managing or supervising the workload and work product of a geographically separated document editing, design, and production team.
- At least five years of experience with tasks related to editing and formatting complex documents that include multiple sections including advanced skills in Microsoft Word and Adobe Acrobat, importing graphics and other material into a Word document from other software, combining and splitting documents, tracking changes, version control, and some records management activities, and modifying graphics.
- Active DOE Q or DOD TS clearance
Pay Range:Pay Range $81,900.00 - $126,000.00 - $170,100.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.