The Leidos Civil NISC IV Group has an opening for an Architect/Project Manager to support the Federal Aviation Administration. This sub family is responsible for providing services in research, calculation, design, development, construction, alteration or repair of buildings and/or structures. Duties may include collecting and analyzing technical data to determine project requirements and prepares information regarding specifications, materials, equipment, estimated costs, and completion times. May also conduct inspections or testing.
Please Note: The Architect/Project Manager will be required to work from the office for at least two (2) days per week.
Labor Category Requirements:
The candidate shall be tasked with managing, execution and reporting for various space planning and administration projects undertaken by the AJG group. This shall include project management support across their portfolio of projects, reporting to management, working with stakeholders and providing subject matter expertise. The candidate will also support the Program Office (P.O.) in meeting their program goals and objectives and offer support in the areas of design, construction, reorganization and space layouts, renovations and move and logistics. The Architect/Project Manager will be required to work from the office for at least two (2) days per week.
• Meet with the customers, gather requirements and draft project scope, execution, and management plans
• Prepare budget estimates and schedules for the project and develop and maintain project documentation
• Attending and conducting client meetings and updating project documentation
• Track project deliverables, schedules and report on status and performance
• Assist the FAA program office with coordination of space, occupancy and other facility management needs and action items
• Review design and construction drawings and provide feedback to the P.O.
• Work with the customer to obtain customer approvals on the project plans, maintain project budget and schedule
• Analyze existing data contained within Information Systems, datasets, and propose efficient solutions based on the customer’s existing environment
• Review and validate space and occupancy conditions for the facilities and make recommendations to improve efficiency
• Develop scenario space planning models and provide move management and logistics in support of the solutions.
• Prepare forecasts and analyzes space-planning trends for the organization.
• Prepare weekly and monthly reporting packages to the management and provide analytical support and performance analysis.
• Conduct research on subjects related to P.O.’s activities like renovations, construction, space design, furniture, move logistics and prepare reports as required
• Work as a part of a specialized team that handles various aspects of space management and coordinate the work as needed.
• Communicate and collaborate with various stakeholders on all aspects related to space, occupancy and its administration and management functions.
• Degree in Architecture, Planning or Civil Engineering with 8+ years of relevant experience
• Experience using Automated or Computer aided Facility management tools for Space and Occupancy,
• Experience using AutoDesk’s current version of AutoCAD
• Advanced knowledge of MS Excel, Power Point, Word, and Project
• Advanced knowledge of Adobe Arcrobat
• Experience in preparing independent cost estimates.
• Experience in preparing statements of work.
• Experience conducting facility space surveys and occupancy studies
• Experience in spatial data analysis and/or database management.
• Experience using and applying BOMA standards.
• Experience working with 2D CAD drawings and understanding relevant architectural best practices
• Experience in conducting research on specialized topics, determining conclusions, and presenting the results in a logical and concise manner
• Experience in communicating and collaborating with all levels of corporate management
• Experience managing multiple projects and effectively executing project specific deliverables
• Strong management skills
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
Familiarity with FAA Technical Operations
Archibus software user capability
Experience using Lean/Six Sigma methodologies
Knowledge of and experience using FAA Knowledge Sharing Network (KSN)
Experience using Project Management principles for managing construction projects.
Experience using Lean/Six Sigma principles and tools for process improvements.
Experience using Lean Construction methodologies.
Skilled in the use of database management and project management software.
Experience in conducting effective technical presentations to management and tactful coordination with a variety of project stakeholders.
Pay Range:Pay Range $81,900.00 - $126,000.00 - $170,100.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 44,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.