The Defense Group within Leidos has an opening for a Maintenance/Mechanical Technical Writer. The candidate will provide maintenance and mechanical management support for chemical demilitarization systems and components at Aberdeen Proving Ground – South. As part of a larger logistics and training team, the candidate will support the Recovered Chemical Materiel Directorate (RCMD) in the analysis, development, and publication of comprehensive maintenance strategies, repair, and parts manuals, and provide input to training products as required. The candidate will work closely with contract employees to develop technical logistics products specific to chemical demilitarization.
This position will be required to be onsite in Abingdon, MD for at least half of the week with an option for telework the other days at this time.
- Update and develop maintenance documentation in accordance with contractor format.
- Interface directly with contractor staff to analyze equipment systems and develop maintenance and sustainment procedures to be used by system operators.
- Daily activities include analysis of existing maintenance procedures and support materials, analysis of part and component listings, development of maintenance and sustainment workflows.
- Become a subject matter expert in maintenance strategies and goals and apply those to all written documentation.
- Contribute to in-process reviews of maintenance and support procedures; comment on current maintenance practices, and develop/update program-related documents, plans and reports using best practices; draft technical procedures; participate in procedure evaluations; assist in maintenance planning for customer systems; respond to customer inquiries; and verify product technical quality.
- Support the Leidos program manager with weekly team meeting updates.
- Cross-train on multiple deliverables to enhance knowledge.
- Mechanical and/or maintenance experience (personal or professional) with a strong background in and/or understanding of mechanical systems.
- Strong interpersonal skills and an ability to interact effectively with team members.
- Excellent data gathering and writing skills.
- Skilled in the Microsoft Office suite.
- Experience with maintenance operating procedures.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Previous experience military or civilian maintenance operations.
- Experience developing maintenance manuals.
- Experience writing maintenance operating procedures.
- Firsthand experience in chemical demilitarization and/or CBRNE customers.
Pay Range:Pay Range $38,350.00 - $59,000.00 - $79,650.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.