Looking for an opportunity to make an impact?
At Leidos, we deliver innovative solutions through the efforts of our diverse and talented people who are dedicated to our customers’ success. We empower our teams, contribute to our communities, and operate sustainable. Everything we do is built on a commitment to do the right thing for our customers, our people, and our community. Our Mission, Vision, and Values guide the way we do business.
Your greatest work is ahead!
The Defense Group at Leidos currently is seeking a talented Principal Model Based Systems Engineer to join a multi-disciplinary team supporting the Counter – small Unmanned Air System (C-sUAS) mission on an exciting new program opportunity. Successful candidates will serve both as an individual contributor as well as a task lead for program tasks with frequent interaction with our USAF customer and stakeholders.
As a member of the systems engineering team, the candidate will interact with other engineering disciplines to define and manage system requirements and architecture at the system, sub-system and product level both as an individual contributor and as a task lead. The candidate will provide support to the C-sUAS mission using their experience with Model Based Systems Engineering to capture the SoS design in our SysML modeling environment. The candidate will work with the Lead Systems Engineer and Chief Engineer to develop the program’s Digital Engineering environment to integrate multi-discipline capabilities to streamline program execution.
Required Experience, Skills, and Education:
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience and 12+ years of prior relevant experience or Master's with 10+ years of prior relevant experience.
- US Citizenship and possess an active Secret Clearance
- Candidate must have experience with Cameo/MagicDraw, Rhapsody, and/or other system modeling tools
- Candidate must have experience deriving requirements for complex software, electrical, electro-mechanical, and mechanical systems.
- Candidate must have experience with requirements management, to include requirements traceability, requirements change process, and requirements verification.
- Knowledgeable in Model Based Systems Engineering (MBSE) and experience in applying it to the full engineering lifecycle
- Position requires candidates to be capable of performing in a collaborative engineering environment working closely with multi-disciplinary teams
- Candidate must have demonstrated experience effectively communicating within a team environment.
- Qualified applicant will possess excellent managerial and leadership skills.
Preferred Experience, Skills, and Education:
- Object Management Group (OMG) Certified System Modeler Professional (OCSMP) certification
- INCOSE Certified Systems Engineering Professional (CSEP)
- SysML experience
- Active Top Secret Clearance
- Operational experience in the USAF
- Working knowledge of semi-autonomous system operations
- Working knowledge of USAF C5ISR systems
- Previous experience managing complex System designs efforts / contracts
- Demonstrated ability to work across internal functions and with outside entities to facilitate successful product completion/delivery
Pay Range:Pay Range $113,100.00 - $174,000.00 - $234,900.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 45,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.