Leidos has an opening for Distribution Technical Engineer to join our team who is highly motivated, responsible and a detailed oriented team. The successful candidate will work as part of our team supporting a long-term program for an Investor-Owned Utility client. This position will work directly with client customers to provide world-class application baseload and non-baseload support for multiple utility company applications.
The Distribution Technology Engineer is involved in the full technology life cycle and responsible for designing, coding, configuring, testing, implementing and supporting software, hardware and systems. Technology Engineers work closely with Analysts and Product Managers to understand the business requirements that drive the analysis and physical design of technical solutions. Technology Engineers may be assigned to either implementation or support functions. Implementation involves creating new technology-based solutions whereas support involves upgrades, maintenance or issue resolution to existing technology solutions.
Location: This position will be a combination of sitting onsite with the customer and working remote. Must live near Newark, NJ.
- The position will primarily be focus on supporting the building and maintenance of the DMS/DERMS applications. Model – integrating the GIS as Built Model with existing legacy application DSCADA settings and electrical attributes data, to produce the new ADMS Electrical Network Model.
- Engineer will be part of a project team to deploy Distribution Management Systems (DMS) and Distributed Energy Resources Management (DERMS) applications and will lead at a technical level subtasks.
- Engineer will associate with team members and directly with customer to diagnose issues with the functionality and performance of DMS and DERMS software in critical production environments.
- Engineer will work with the support team on an as-needed basis to help resolve trouble tickets reported by customers using DMS and DERMS.
- Interface and coordinate with groups throughout PSE&G including Project Teams, DSCADA, OMS, CYME, IT applications Support, Distribution Planning and Engineering and Distribution Operations to maintain and implement of DMS/DERMS advance applications
- Design, configuration, development, documentation and testing of DMS/DERMS solutions to meet business or technology requirements. Evaluation of existing DMS application solutions to determine fit for purpose for the new business or technology requirements. Recommendation of technology alternatives. Collaboration with other individuals to ensure proper integration of the new technology solution with the existing technology solutions.
- Analyzes various reports to ensure that the functionality and performance meets all product and service level requirements.
- Provides support toward resolution of escalated support tickets. Applies operation break fixes and performs other proactive maintenance activities until permanent solutions can be implemented. Supports and participates in the solution deployment process for new functionality/subsystems/modules, upgrades, updates and fixes to the production environment.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Computer Science or a related field i.e. STEM with 2+ years relevant experience
- Demonstrated technology solution ownership and adoption, projects or other work experiences.
- Participates in analysis of end-user needs and designs. May configure, develop and test low to medium complexity technology solutions to satisfy demand. Gathers information to aid build versus buy analysis for business demand
- Partners with business analysts to translate business requirements to technology solution requirements of mostly low complexity technology solutions
- Demonstrated track record of implementing technology solutions using structured methodologies such as agile (SCRUM, Kanban etc.) and waterfall
- Must have good understanding of electrical distribution power systems electric utility construction, maintenance, operating, and engineering practices
- Must be experienced performing distribution system feeder simulation and modeling with distribution system planning and analysis program/software (CYME)
- Must have working knowledge of distribution system planning and engineering for network feeders.
- Accurately develop and maintain complex computer models of the electric delivery system that are used to simulate the operation of the electric delivery system
- Effectively communicate detailed documentation and plans of a complex design with GIS team, DSCADA team and Distribution Planners
- Actively works to build relationships with utility planners and engineers
- Experience documenting technical solutions or business and system process flow techniques using applicable methods such as engineering drawings, UML (e.g. Use Case Diagrams, Activity Diagrams, Entity Relationship Diagrams) etc
- Ability to create both technical and non-technical end-user documentation
- Ability to work independently and multi-task effectively with a strong attention to detail
- Demonstrated understanding of projects from the perspective of client/user, business, and cyber security and technology day to day operations
- Excellent problem-solving skills and willing to accept a change in priorities as necessary
- Ability to learn new business and technical concepts
- Strong oral and written communication skills, and good facilitation skills
- Strong judgment and management skills
- Leadership, technical teamwork and interpersonal skills
- Understanding of technology architecture, technology platforms and ability to explain technical concepts to the business users in the context of business requirements
- Ability to define metrics that measure success of the technology solution in addressing business and technical requirements as well as achieving the desired outcomes
- Working knowledge of specific area including business process configuration and execution for assigned domains
Program Specific Salary Range: $75K to $95k
Pay Range:Pay Range $60,450.00 - $93,000.00 - $125,550.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 45,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.