We are in search of a Java Developer with Angular and Spring Boot who has experience in Angular, Spring boot, and REST API development to join our team based in supporting the contracts at the Social Security Administration.
Come join one of our high performing teams responsible for building the next-generation enterprise APIs and modern responsive user interfaces. We serve the Social Security Administration (SSA) and their mission to meet the changing needs of the public, positively impacting at least 65 million American lives per month. Be part of the mission solution and help lead SSA’s Digital Modernization Strategy. We are a team of forward-looking professionals in need of a strong candidate with these key required skills: Angular 13, Java, Websphere, Junit, Spring, Agile development, and SOA/Microservice architecture. Do you have most of these key required skills, education, or experience? Do you want to learn more about our telework posture? Are you an US citizen, US resident, or Visa candidate and think you might fit? We recommend you apply and start the conversation today! Join us in supporting our SSA contracts in Woodlawn, Maryland.
Your passion and values might be a good fit for our teams if you answer “yes” to the following questions:
• Are you looking for a company that puts employees first, with a focus on career, flexibility, and well-being?
• Do you enjoy collaborating with colleagues and teammates and believe that the best ideas are fostered in an inclusive environment?
• Are you searching for a team with a strong sense of ownership, urgency, and drive for daily mission success?
• Are you comfortable with proactive outward communication and technical leadership?
• Do you enjoy being a catalyst, solving complex problems, and providing innovative solutions?
• Do you have the flexibility, creativity, and resilience to pivot the mission for success?
• Do you have the courage to make tough ethical decisions with pride, transparency, and respect?
Mentorship & Career Growth:
Our teams are dedicated to supporting new team members in an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. Experienced engineers will be assigned to new hires for one-on-one mentoring, collaborative code reviews, and coaching on customer engagement to help each new hire successfully onboard and demonstrate their skills. Projects and tasks are assigned in a way that leverages your strengths and will help you further develop your skillset.
Foundation for Success (Basic Qualifications):
This experience is the foundation a candidate needs to be successful in this position:
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Engineering, or a related field and preferred 4-8 years of prior relevant experience.
• Masters degree and preferred 2-6 years of prior relevant experience.
• Proficiency in listening, note taking and writing skills
• 7+ years of experience with Java, Websphere, Junit, Angular 13, and Spring
• 7+ years of experience with REST and SOAP services development
• 4+ years of combined experience with popular development IDEs (such as eclipsed based IDEs like RAD), and frameworks (such as Struts and OpenJPA/Hibernate)
Factors to Help You Shine (Required Skills):
These skills will help you succeed in this position:
• Solid experience with building responsive UIs with modern front-end technologies such as Angular 12 or 13 and with REST and SOAP services development
• Excellent experience with Spring Framework (Boot, Batch, Cloud, Security, and Data)
• Excellent knowledge with Java EE, Java generics, and concurrent programming
• Basic knowledge of relational databases (DB2), SQL, and ORM technologies (JPA2, Hibernate, and Spring JDBC)
• Solid experience with automated unit testing, TDD, BDD, and associated technologies (Junit, Mockito, Cucumber, Selenium, and Karma/Jasmine)
How to Stand Out from the Crowd (Desired Skills)
Showcase your knowledge of modern development through the following experience or skills:
• Delivery (CI/CD) best practices and use of DevOps to accelerate quality releases to Production
• PaaS using Red Hat OpenShift/Kubernetes and Docker containers
• AWS cloud technologies or other cloud platforms
Day to Day Responsibilities:
At Leidos, we deliver innovative solutions through the efforts of our diverse and talented people who are dedicated to our customers’ success. We empower our teams, contribute to our communities, and operate sustainable. Everything we do is built on a commitment to do the right thing for our customers, our people, and our community. Our Mission, Vision, and Values guide the way we do business. If this sounds like a mission you want to be a part of, keep reading!
Every position we take is more rewarding when you know the why behind it. Know your work makes a difference to support those who need it most. If your passion is enabling life changing service to those around, you this is the place for you. Find you passion in a team environment where all members are valued regardless of contractor or employee status. We are excited for you to take your place in our Leidos Family.
Find your “Why” with us!
• Architect, design, code, and implement next-generation web application using software engineering best practices in the latest technologies:
• Development of REST and SOAP APIs.
• Spring Framework (Boot, Cloud, Security, Data)
• DevOps (Jenkins, Red Hat OpenShift, Docker, SonarQube, UrbanCode)
• Provide software expertise in one or more of these areas: Java application integration, Java enterprise services, service-oriented architectures (SOA), security, business process management/business rules processing, user experience (UX) and accessibility (Section 508/WCAG/USDS Web Standards)
• Investigate and repair application defects regardless of component: front-end, business logic, middleware, or database.
• Brief management, customer, team, or vendors using written or oral skills at appropriate technical level for audience
• All other duties as assigned or directed
Education & Qualifications
- BS and 4 – 8 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 2 – 6 years of prior relevant experience.
- Must be able to obtain a Public Trust
Pay Range:Pay Range $74,750.00 - $115,000.00 - $155,250.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.