Leidos is seeking a material control professional to work at a customer site in San Diego, CA. This position is responsible for the efficient management of material associated with low-rate production and R&D projects. This position requires US citizenship and an active Secret security clearance.
- receive all material delivered to the project work site,
- organize and maintain the project receiving area and stockroom, and propose and implement solutions for efficient material storage and movement,
- manage and track the movement of material in and out of the project stock room (inventory) and maintain inventory records,
- kit parts from inventory to support work orders,
- coordinate with shippers and carriers to setup shipments and support packaging of equipment for shipping, prepare shipping paperwork and maintain shipping records,
- coordinate with vendors/suppliers for local deliveries, resolve missing items or wrong parts, coordinate return of material to supplier for rework following quality rejections.
- Active Secret security clearance
- Requires high school diploma or equivalent and 2 – 4 years of prior relevant experience.
- Must be a well-organized, detail-oriented, self-starter with excellent interpersonal skills
- Must be capable of establishing and following efficient processes for shipping/receiving and material/inventory management
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office
- Must have the ability to routinely lift and carry boxes and packages up to 50 pounds
- Experience working in production and/or warehouse setting
- Experience working in Navy or other DoD setting
- Familiarity with material resource planning (MRP) tools and processes
- Familiarity with DD1149 forms and processes
- Experience operating a forklift
Pay Range:Pay Range $33,150.00 - $51,000.00 - $68,850.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.