Leidos is a Fortune 500™ company aimed at embracing and solving some of the world’s most pressing challenges. Through science and technology, Leidos makes the world safer, healthier and more efficient.
Our Civil Group offers an array of exciting career opportunities for the best IT, energy, logistics and engineering professionals.
The NISC program is seeking an Environmental, Occupational Safety, and Health Professional. This professional will provide support to the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) Central Service Area (CSA) Environmental Occupational Safety and Health (EOSH) Program. In this position, the selected candidate will identify hazardous workplace conditions and take preliminary samples and measurements of hazardous forces and toxic substances. The employee will participate in development and implementation of policies and procedures to remove hazards and protect FAA employees. The employee will also be responsible for development and presentation of training courses to FAA employees which address various environmental and safety topics.
Other duties may include:
- Provide support to the FAA necessary to ensure that workplace conditions comply with applicable federal, state, and local occupational safety and health regulations, FAA Orders, and standard provisions of applicable FAA labor agreements,
- Work with FAA field personnel and FAA EOSH program officials to ensure that all required records are maintained.
- Conduct environmental and safety inspections or assist in the inspection of FAA facilities associated with environmental or safety program areas including inspections conducted by federal, state, and local regulatory agencies.
- Investigate, prepare, and forward, as required, reports on injuries and fatalities.
- Assist FAA personnel in promoting a safety culture within the FAA workforce.
- Interact with federal and state agencies to ensure regulator EOSH compliance.
- Conduct employee training in environmental and safety program areas.
- Inspect Personal Proactive Equipment and Fall Protection Equipment.
- Conduct Radiation Surveys, Asbestos Assessments and environmental and industrial hygiene sampling.
- Inspect underground fuel storage tanks.
- Subject Matter Expert (SME) for all Environmental, Safety and Health Matters in assigned areas.
This is a full time position that requires 25 percent travel.
The position will be located in Albuquerque, NM
The work hours are normally 7:00 – 3:30, Monday thru Friday but can vary based on client support needed.
- Requires BS and 2 to 4 years of prior relevant experience or Master’s degree with less than 2 years of experience. Additional years of experience and/or industry certifications may be considered in lieu of the degree requirement.
- Strong Occupational Health & Safety background.
- Must be proficient in MS Office Suite
- Must be able to work, manage and maintain information stored in Knowledge Sharing Network (KSN) / Sharepoint site(s).
- Ability to obtain a Public Trust Clearance.
- Ability to travel up to 25% of the time.
- Prior experience working for/with the FAA
We value and support the well-being and mobility of our employees with competitive benefit packages, complementary e-learning training, work-life flexibility, an exciting External Referral Program, and a diverse, inclusive and ethical work place. In fact, in 2020, Leidos was ranked as one of the “World's Most Ethical Companies” by the Ethisphere Institute for the third consecutive year.
Pay Range:Pay Range $60,450.00 - $93,000.00 - $125,550.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.