The NISC program is seeking a Communications Specialist who will be able to implement organizational missions and visions through positive leadership collaborative skills and a desire to cultivate relationships.
Canva & Drupal experience preferred.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Use your excellent communications skills, strong managerial and interpersonal skills (both oral & written) to thrive in a team-oriented atmosphere.
- With your skill in multi-tasking priorities and self-motivation, you will perform research, respond to media inquires, track mentions in the mass-media, advise the management team in taking action in cases of communication crisis and foster in departmental brand awareness.
- Support the program with editing, creating, processing, and coordinating the composition of products for hardcopy and electronic publication and dissemination. This work includes editing, proofreading, formatting, creating graphics, and providing quality control for the publication of analytic and finished intelligence products (including briefing books) for senior policymakers.
- Lead document production efforts, define project requirements, develop production timelines, use approved formats, research written and graphic content, prepare concepts for customer review, produce final content layout and artwork, coordinate with stakeholders, ensure quality control, and prepare and deliver digital files for final hard copy or soft copy output.
- Serve as the technical/creative resource for report production projects, provide alternative approaches and mediums for consideration, review concepts, content and final artwork, and recommend or incorporate revisions for team projects to ensure adherence to technical production and quality control standards.
- Assist the Publications Officer in the plan and design of briefing products, web products, and websites, partnering with clients to ensure inclusion of project requirements. Plan and develop original, innovative content and graphic concepts, formats, templates, and/or standards for product design.
- Define, clarify, and communicate customers' requirements and coordinate with customers to plan projects; work closely with customers to translate vision and conceptual ideas into graphic products, assess work parameters on complex projects, collect information, negotiate production schedules, and resolve difficult procedural and production problems that may arise.
- Preserve and protect all confidences and privileged communications.
- Design visual content to communicate messages via email messages, KSN Pages, or other channels.
- Develop innovative, creative communications campaigns and PowerPoint presentations.
- Bachelor’s of Science, Communications or Public Relations and 4 to 8 years of relevant experience or Masters with 2 to 6 years of relevant experience.
- Possess outstanding verbal and written communication skills while thriving in deadline-driven, fast-paced environment.
- Strong MS Office Suite especially PowerPoint
- Strong time-management skills.
- Skilled in using graphic design packages
- Ability to efficiently plan, provide for contingencies, balance competing demands, adapt to change, and remain focused to deliver results.
- Canva experience
- Drupal experience
Pay Range:Pay Range $57,850.00 - $89,000.00 - $120,150.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 45,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.