Leidos is looking for a Telecommunications Design Engineer in the Seattle, WA area. Successful candidates can look forward to a fast paced, diverse work environment & flexible work hours/work arrangements as well as managers who will encourage career development and growth. This position will be a hybrid, requiring some onsite and some remote. Job entails conducting field data collection, preparing wireless facility designs with the team and tracking the progress
If this sounds like the kind of environment where you can thrive, keep reading!
Leidos Engineering offers its knowledge and expertise over a wide area of cutting-edge energy technologies and independent oversight, combined with proven business acumen. Building our work for publicly and privately-owned utilities, financial institutions and local governments, we are able to provide our clients with business insight into all sectors of the infrastructure industry.
In this role you will work closely with customers, field engineers and project managers to gather information required to design Telecommunications systems.
- Develop a design, work from a computer model of that design and incorporate detailed diagrams into the final set of construction drawings.
- Coordinating with our land survey team and other project disciplines
- Will be an integral part of delivering the project for the client and will help ensure a quality experience for our clients
- Responsible to help lead civil engineer keep track of design expectations, timelines, budgets, and project details
- May work with local, state, and federal authorities regarding requisite approvals necessary for the project to ensure that design documents meet local, state, federal and best practice standards
- Work as a team to ensure that quality assurance and quality controls are maintained prior to issuing documents externally
- Help to identify and solve complex technical issues related to projects to minimize project risk
- Bachelor's degree in Civil Engineering or related degree (Electrical, Mechanical, or Industrial) with less than two (2) years of professional cellular infrastructure (small cell, macro, rooftop) design experience
- AutoCAD experience required
- Utilize drawing markup software to markup drawings. Knowledge of ANSI/TIA and BICSI standards.
- Solid grasp of engineering drawings and principles in the cellular context.
- The ability to convert verbal and written information into two dimensional drawings and 3D drawings is essential.
- Civil3D, CorpsCon, 3D design software, PhotoShop preferred but not required.
- Ability to create accurate installation documents from information found on vendor equipment drawings.
- Ability to adapt and apply company engineering design and BIM & CAD drafting standards.
- Prior cellular construction experience a plus.
- Professional Engineering (PE) registration is preferred.
Protect yourself and your family, with the benefits of working for a world-class employer. When you join Leidos, you join a Fortune 500 company and one of Ethisphere Institute’s “World's Most Ethical Companies”.
Pay Range:Pay Range $50,700.00 - $78,000.00 - $105,300.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.