The Leidos C4ISR Operation of the Defense Group is seeking an experienced Senior Business Development Manager to support the pursuit of opportunities across the US Navy with an emphasis on Anti-Submarine Warfare (ASW).
The BD Manager will drive the organization’s strategic growth objectives by developing and refining an understanding of customers’ most important needs and creating/leading winning capture strategies. The BD Manager will lead efforts for identification, qualification, and capture of specific opportunities as well as the generation of qualified pipeline growth to support the organization’s forecast and plan. In addition, this individual will recommend and implement BD and marketing strategies to achieve maximum customer and market penetration and to drive tactical and strategic growth. The ideal candidate will have experience with the US Navy and ASW).
- Demonstrated success in growing US Navy Business, especially in ASW solutions.
- Grow and qualify an opportunity pipeline of pursuits that support future growth.
- Perform to annual revenue generation, pipeline, submit, and award targets.
- Work in a team environment with senior executives, strategic account executives, program staff and capture managers to develop successful market strategies, strategic partnerships and competitive analysis.
- Develop, track, and execute Business Development/Capture tasks from lead generation to capture stages of the business development cycle.
- Obtain market intelligence and competitive data pertaining to potential targeted pursuits and develop marketing strategies that maximize the value of that intelligence.
- Establish, build, and maintain customer relationships, and assess competitor capabilities aligned to specific customers across a diverse business portfolio.
- Develop and lead the implementation of strategy and marketing plans for expanding our technical capabilities.
- Coordinate and collaborate with other organizations in the Leidos enterprise to support opportunities.
- Support operation marketing efforts by developing collateral, white papers and by working with Solution Architects to properly develop and market technical capabilities.
- Lead and actively participate in tradeshows, industry events and general customer outreach efforts.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field (business/marketing, engineering, or computer science) and 12+ years of related experience or master’s degree with 10+ years of experience. Additional experience may be considered in lieu of a degree.
- Leadership experience working in aerospace & defense, organizing, and executing all aspects of business development and capture, planning and execution.
- Demonstrated experience executing significant business development activities, including building industry teams, customer call plans to shape acquisitions and pipeline management in order to win business with new and existing customers.
- Demonstrated success in leading and growing US Navy ASW opportunities.
- Can provide at least one example of leading opportunity pursuits/captures >$50 million including: developing overall win strategy, shaping deals with customers, developing team strategies, understanding pricing, and assisting in developing winning price.
- Ability to identify, establish and use important customer relationships with senior level officials and program stakeholders with DOD Customer.
- Proven ability to collaborate within and across organizational boundaries.
- Ability to identify key growth areas and develop new business aligned with the company's growth strategy.
- Knowledge of Government contracting, current acquisition trends and customer buying behaviors.
- Knowledge and understanding of US export controls (ITAR and EAR), trade procedures and documentation.
- Knowledge of competitors and ability to model competitor behaviors in the market.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills; experience presenting to senior executives, peers, and customers.
- Proven experience working with geographically diverse teams.
- Strong verbal communication skills and prior experience briefing executives.
- Willingness to travel to other U.S. cities and OCONUS to support customer visits and strategy workshops; estimated up to 50% travel annually as required.
- Ability to obtain a Top Secret clearance.
- Defense Acquisition Workforce Improvement Act (DAWIA) level III or Program Management Professional (PMP)
- Understanding of ASW warfighting concepts, sensors, platforms, and systems
- Understanding of the Planning, Programming, Budgeting, and Execution (PPBE) process
- Experience with operational test and evaluation
- Completed professional training in Business Development Management.
Pay Range:Pay Range $113,100.00 - $174,000.00 - $234,900.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.