The Transportation and Logistics group at Leidos is seeking a Materials Manager that will be responsible for centralized materials management activities on the Antarctic Support Contract (ASC) supporting the National Science Foundation's US Antarctic Program (USAP). The Materials Manager sets the strategic vision and overarching policy/procedures for materials management at all USAP locations providing a consistent, uniform approach. Manages the central materials purchasing process. Manages materials analyst positions in maintaining IBM MAXIMO database integrity, records management and item master functionality. During the planning season, determines centralized material requirements for annual program plans for the Antarctic stations, ensures materials orders are placed to meet programmatic shipping deadlines, coordinates logistics support with McMurdo, South Pole and Palmer station Transportation and Logistics staff ensuring that common procedures are applied.
Due to contract requirements, U.S. Citizenship or U.S. Permanent Residence is required.
• Manages the Central Materials Purchasing (CMP) for the USAP and MAXIMO Item Master support positions. Manages inventory levels and re-order points.
• Acts as the one of the system managers for the USAP MAXIMO database.
• Responsible for implementing and maintaining a safe workplace program and ensuring that safety is the highest priority in the workplace.
• Collaborates with the McMurdo Supply Supervisor, South Pole Logistics Supervisor and Peninsula Logistics Manager to validate the tactical vision and policy/procedures align with the programmatic strategic vision for materials management.
• Establishes, monitors and provides quality assurance of inventory and item master data records in MAXIMO; standard formatting, nomenclature and editing procedures.
• Oversees the use of Maximo for logistics, including re-supply documentation, cargo receiving and inventory control.
• Hiring manager for CONUS based materials analyst staffing. Supervises, coaches and trains materials analyst staffing to ensure programmatic needs are met for inventory database integrity and materials ordering.
• Oversees re-supply request functions. Ensures common procedures are established and applied, and that prioritized requests are actioned in a timely manner.
• Coordinates preseason estimates for logistical support, including material requirements and, delivery dates and labor requirement with various ASC work centers.
• Handles confidential matters (personnel actions, management reports, etc.) in accordance with management policy.
• BS or BA degree in Business Administration, preferably with a transportation or material management emphasis and 4-8 years prior relevant experience; 5 to 8 years related experience accepted in lieu of a degree.
• Minimum of 5 to 8 years of management experience in logistics including purchasing, receiving, and inventory control.
• Minimum of 4 years supervisory experience with large complex operations.
• Familiarity with government supply and warehousing systems.
• Experience with remote site logistical support.
PHYSICAL AND/OR OTHER SPECIFIC REQUIREMENTS: Deployment may be required in this position at discretion of management. If required, the individual in the position must successfully complete the physical and dental examinations, COVID-19 vaccine requirements and psychological examination for winter-over positions, as required by the NSF for deploying to Antarctica. Failure to meet these requirements may result in withdrawal of employment offer or other employment action. Complies with applicable safety, environment, health, and waste management policies and procedure. US citizenship or permanent residency required.
Pay Range:Pay Range $57,850.00 - $89,000.00 - $120,150.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 44,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.