The Senior Database Administrator will join a high performing agile team using the Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) methodology to support a nationally significant program. The program is using Behavior Driven Development (BDD) and test automation tools alongside a full suite of team collaboration tools. Program execution follows DEVOPS best practices and employs robust development, test, and production environments. The program provides system engineering, development, test, integration, and operational support to a large, fast-paced program, and is developing infusing new technology and adding advanced capabilities while continuing to support an on-going mission and operational system.
A Senior Database Administrator is needed to provide support to maintain and add new capabilities a complex system with exacting interface, performance, and security requirements. The selected candidate will provide database engineering expertise in the following areas: architecture, design, development, requirements analysis, data flow, network design/implementation, testing, and documentation for the system. She/he will analyze user requirements, system architecture, and system requirements specifications, and will provide database engineering expertise and develop system architecture and system design documentation. She/he will support the development of system configuration documentation, including designs for capacity and performance planning, and will perform engineering activities, to include risk assessments and analyses of alternatives for a variety of system related issues and concerns. The selected candidate will provide solutions to challenging technical problems in distributed data replication, concurrent data access, and high availability.
The selected candidate will provide guidance and support for database architecture and engineering of large-scale systems, major system elements, and interfacing systems that are part of a large complex network environment with geographically distributed components. She/he will interface with technical managers, system and software integration engineers, test engineers, information assurance engineers, and other project team members in an Agile environment. The selected candidate will be responsible for implementing database architecture practices to ensure the proper degree of engineering rigor is applied to all assigned tasks. She/he will be responsible for communicating with and effectively collaborating with internal technical professionals on a day-to-day basis, and with POCs from customer organizations when necessary. The selected individual will actively participate in Program Increment Planning and related Agile team activities. Assigned duties may include:
- Supporting database design, development, implementation, information storage and retrieval, data flow, and analysis activities.
- Supporting the analysis and evaluation of system improvements, optimization, development, and/or maintenance efforts.
- Supporting the development of long term and short-term requirements for database administration and design.
- Assisting in developing databases, database parser software, and database loading software.
- Translating requirements and data into usable database schemas by creating or recreating ad hoc queries, scripts, and macros, making updates to existing queries, and creating new queries to manipulate data into a master file.
- Assisting in the development of database structures that fit into the overall architecture of the system under development.
- Developing requirement recommendations from a project’s inception to its conclusion for a particular Business and IT subject matter area (i.e., simple to complex systems).
- Developing database structures that fit into the overall architecture of the system under development.
- Bachelor's/Master’s degree in a technical discipline and at least 15 to 20 years of related experience, or a Doctorate degree and at least 13 years of relevant experience. Additional experience may be substituted for a Degree.
- Must have experience as a Database Administrator to include tasks such as data migration, data replication, user administration, backup and recovery, performance tuning, issue investigation, issue resolution, and general administration.
- Possess active TS/SCI with polygraph security clearance to be considered for this role.
- Must have a good understanding of databases, primarily Oracle and/or other relational and non-relational/NoSQL databases such as PostgreSQL and MongoDB.
- Must have experience using Oracle SQL/PLSQL, and SQL in general.
- Must have knowledge of programming languages to include Java.
- Must be committed to adopting and adhering to best practices.
- Must be able to effectively plan and prioritize tasking.
- Must be capable of performing high quality work both independently, and with a team, in a fast-moving environment.
- Experience with the Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) methodology and/or as a member of an Agile team.
- Experience with Cassandra.
- Experience with MongoDB.
- Experience with Scaled Agile Framework agile methodology.
Pay Range:Pay Range $112,450.00 - $173,000.00 - $233,550.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 44,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.