Are you ready to take on a challenge in helping protect the U.S. through Missile Defense? Leidos has opportunities now for bright people looking for meaningful and innovative work.
The work includes trade studies, system engineering, model based system engineering, portfolio analysis, software development demonstration and product testing and deployment to Cheyenne Mountain. Leidos is focused on finding the best people, processes, and tools that will provide solutions in data integration and fusion, data analytics, data mining, predictive analytics, data visualization, and decision support tools.
- Design, develop and maintain mission-critical software in support of missile defense systems
- Participate in sprint and increment testing to validate software
- Document and communicate proposed software solutions with integrated, cross-functional engineering teams in a fast paced highly technical environment
- Stay up-to-date on state-of-the-art programming techniques and software technologies
- Participate in software design and code reviews to ensure delivery of quality products and enhance skill sets
- Ability to create software solutions from established industry standards
- Work with System Engineering Team to schedule, synchronize and execute demonstration capabilities to customers
- Work with third-party contractors and stakeholders on any potential regression coding due to deployment delays
- Bachelor’s with 2 years of experience; additional years of directly applicable experience may be accepted in lieu of a degree
- Ability to obtain a Secret Clearance
- Experience coding in C++ and Java
- Experience developing micro-services and working with containerization
- Ability to work independently and as part of an engineering team
- Ability to work on multiple projects and tasks simultaneously
- Ability to convey technical ideas in a clear, logical fashion
- Ability to translate highly technical discussions into executable plans
- Master's degree in associated field
- Currently possess a Secret clearance
- Experience with missile warning and missile warning defense
- Understanding of missile warning message types
Experience with the Agile software development process IAW USG defined requirements
Pay Range:Pay Range $60,450.00 - $93,000.00 - $125,550.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.