Are you ready to lead a team to deliver the US Army’s Next-Generation Airborne ISR Platform?
At Leidos, we deliver innovative solutions through the efforts of our diverse and talented people who are dedicated to our customers’ success. We empower our teams, contribute to our communities, and operate sustainably. Everything we do is built on a commitment to do the right thing for our customers, our people, and our community. Our Mission, Vision, and Values guide the way we do business.
Within the Leidos Defense Group, the Airborne Solutions Operation develops aircraft-based solutions and provides operational mission expertise to perform world-wide deployments in support of our US Military customers and foreign partners. Since 9/11 Leidos has been a leader in quick reaction capability (QRC) deployments of advanced mission equipment packages (MEP) including communications, SIGINT, full-motion video, and radar sensor suites and support infrastructure to provide actionable intelligence. Over 100 aircraft have been delivered to date, and our airborne operations provide critical ISR to support our customers’ missions in EUCOM, AFRICOM, CENTCOM, INDOPACOM, and SOUTHCOM.
Your greatest work is ahead: Delivering solutions to the US government and partners in response to CURRENT and emerging world events
The Defense Group, Airborne Solutions Operation currently has a dynamic job opportunity for a Senior Program Manager, located in Manassas, VA, to support the US Army’s Theater-Level High Accuracy Expeditionary Next Airborne Intelligence Surveillance Reconnaissance (AISR) programs. The multi-year program is for Contractor Owned/Contractor Operated commercial derivative jet aircraft supporting the U.S. Army with upgraded and enhanced Intelligence, Surveillance, and Reconnaissance capabilities for their airborne reconnaissance needs. The Leidos team is geographically separated with primary duty locations of Manassas, VA, Bridgewater VA, Huntsville, AL, and Dayton OH
In this role, you will be responsible for providing leadership and oversight of development, design, integration and delivery of the ISR jet aircraft and associated capabilities. You will serve as the primary interface to senior/executive management for program status and support related contract follow-on initiatives and planning.
The Senior Program Manager will use his or her knowledge and experience to lead a highly technical team to deliver a complex aircraft system that meets specified requirements. As a leader and manager of a multi-disciplined team, you will develop solutions, integrate schedules, coordinate tasks, manage IPTs and be overall responsible for the cost schedule and performance of this cutting edge program.
Are you ready to make an impact? Begin your next journey of a flourishing and meaningful career, share your resume with us today!
- Will be responsible for working with engineering and operations management, Financial Support Staff, and Contracts/Subcontracts Officers in managing a large complex aviation program.
- Will be responsible for managing and directing the execution of tasks by working with the individual task order project managers to manage financial and any contractual aspects of the program.
- Will be responsible for assisting in the coordination of proposals, business plans, and proposal work statements, including acting as a liaison with internal customers for all program business and financial related activities.
- Will be responsible for ensuring the team has resources necessary to make delivery schedules.
Day to Day activities also include:
- Managing the program budget; spend plans, integrated master schedule, subcontractor oversight and customer interactions.
- Will serve as the primary interface to senior/executive management on the performance of this program.
- Bachelor's degree in Business or Technical and a minimum of twelve (12) years of relevant experience. Experience may be used in lieu of degree.
- Should have at least twelve (12) years of project experience working on projects and programs in positions of increasing responsibility, with five (5) years management and supervision of substantive military hardware/software development.
- Civilian and/or military experience with AISR programs.
- Proven ability to manage aircraft integration activities up to and including achieving Air Worthiness Release following modifications.
- Proven civilian and/or military leadership experience managing large programs with diverse locations and medium to large scale teams.
- Must possess the ability to manage complex, strategic projects and programs than span organizational / corporate boundaries as well as select, recruit, mentor, train and promote key team members.
- Possess strong problem-solving, organizational, and verbal/written communication skills to be able to adapt communication style to suit different audiences.
- Experience with the management of ISR system development, testing, operations and sustainment.
- Familiarity with DOD Commercial Derivative Aircraft (CDA) Programs, including Turbojet aircraft.
- Work experience with aircraft manufacturing, modification, and/or repair station operations.
- Experience with Outer Mold Line changes to aircraft, including follow-on flight test activities.
- Experience with upgrades and/or modifications to the Bombardier Global 6500 platform, the Global series aircraft or business jet aircraft.
- Prior experience employing Earned Value Analysis methods on development programs.
- Bachelors in engineering or other STEM field, Master’s degree preferred
- Current PMP Certification
Security Clearance Requirement
A current DoD Secret with ability to obtain and maintain TS/SCI clearance
Pay Range:Pay Range $124,800.00 - $192,000.00 - $259,200.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 44,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.