Leidos is hiring a Customer Care Specialist to support a utility based Energy Efficiency Program which helps thousands of people save money and make their home more energy efficient. If you’re someone who likes to work in a call center environment, help people and solve problems, please apply to be part of this exciting program.
A large part of this position includes taking incoming phone calls for the Ameren Illinois residential energy efficiency program. Helping with customer education and counseling with respect to residential energy efficiency (behavioral changes, programmable thermostat training, do-it-yourself upgrades, etc.), often including the review of energy audit reports with the customer. Assist the customer in obtaining and reviewing estimates and contacting their selected insulation/air sealing, home performance, or other contractor to schedule work. The position will also be responsible for working in database management systems and technical reference guides to review energy efficiency applications and will report to the HES Manager in Peoria, IL.
Job Location: Ameren Illinois and Leidos believe it is very important to provide employment opportunity to the utility ratepayers that reside in Illinois. Therefore, there is strong preference for the successful candidate to be located in the Ameren Illinois service territory https://www.ameren.com/illinois/company/about-ameren/service-territory (roughly the southern two-thirds of Illinois). The Ameren Illinois service territory includes several large to mid-size communities such as Galesburg, Quincy, Peoria, Bloomington-Normal, Champaign-Urbana, Danville, Decatur, Springfield, Charleston-Mattoon, Effingham, Mt. Vernon, Marion, Carbondale, and Metro East (Belleville, O'Fallon, Granite City, Edwardsville, Alton, Collinsville).
Other responsibilities include:
- Implement an Energy Efficiency Plan:
- Create and populate records in Customer Management System
- Complete and collect appropriate customer paperwork
- Provide overview of the program(s)
- Conduct entry interview and energy advising consultation
- Review available rebates, incentives with customer; assisting with finding and/or providing rebate forms; assisting with the completion of those forms using electronic forms when possible
- Provide follow up to customers to help them complete home energy upgrades or participate in related programs; Remove customer barriers and leverage customer motivation
- Track all activity in Customer Management System:
- Fill out all appropriate fields in Customer Management System
- Follow reporting requirements outlined by the Program Manager
- Integrate with and support related departments as needed, such as residential energy audits, trade ally management, rebate processing, and quality assurance
- Properly execute all energy advisor workflows
- Address all program issues including customer, trade ally or utility complaints based on the defined procedures including proper documentation and follow-up
- Plan, coordinate, and follow through on tasks and assignments in a timely manner
- Other duties as assigned
Required Education & Experience:
- High School Diploma or equivalent with 1+ year customer service experience or equivalent and exemplary customer service skills required. (Bachelor's Degree or combination of training, education, and work experience in a related field preferred)
- Ability to travel to the Peoria, IL and/or Collinsville, IL area as needed.
- Call Center Representative that can accept ownership for effectively solving customer issues, complaints and inquiries; keeping customer satisfaction at the core of every decision and behavior
- Demonstrated fluency in English language, both written and oral
- Experience with or strong knowledge of building science principles.
- Expertise with or ability to learn web-based software Microsoft Office.
- Strong listening, oral and written communication skills
- Industry experience preferred
- Ability to communicate with clients and co-workers in a friendly, positive, respectful manner
- Ability to maintain a professional demeanor, even under pressure
- Effectively utilizes available resources to achieve goals
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Demonstrate accuracy and thoroughness in all work products
- Self-motivated and driven to deliver on goals
- Ability to prioritize, multi-task and deliver in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to identify improvement opportunities
Pay Range:Pay Range $29,900.00 - $46,000.00 - $62,100.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.