Service Desk Analyst
Are you a Service Desk Analyst looking for a new challenge? We have a permanent position in our Whiteley office covering an 8 hour shift between the hours of 08:00 - 18:00, this job will require SC security clearance. This position will report to the Service Desk Manager.
The successful candidate must be able to resolve technical problems and answers queries by telephone in support of internal and/or external customer computer hardware, software, network, and telecommunications systems. Diagnoses, identifies, isolates and analyses problems utilizing historical database records. May route calls to product line specialists. Maintains and updates records and tracking databases. Alerts management to recurring problems and patterns of problems.
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defence, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers.
THE ROLE YOU WILL PLAY
Duties will include:
- Resolving technical problems and answering queries in support of internal and external computer hardware, software, network, and telecommunications systems
- Successful diagnoses, identification, and isolation of problems based upon comments and complaints
- Researches and analyses problems utilizing own expertise, historical database records
- Routing calls to available specialists in more complex and difficult cases
- Responds promptly with appropriate solutions
- Alerts management to recurring problems and patterns of problems
- Logging calls using relevant toolset whilst adhering to agreed SLAs where possible
- Provide remote support for dial in users including the use of VPN
- Support of mobile devices and encrypted USB memory sticks
- Profile and support Restricted LAN Interconnect and Shared Working Environment accounts
- Write, update and maintain written processes and procedures
- Send System Alert and outage communications to user base
Leidos strives to be a recognised global leader in solving important problems in national, security, health and infrastructure. What you do, where you work, and who’s on your team are important. After all, you spend a lot of your time and energy at work. Leidos employees are smart people focused on solving the world's most-daunting challenges. The work requires insight, ingenuity, and commitment to the field.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Operating Systems
- Experience with Microsoft Outlook and Microsoft Office Suite Support experience
- Self-motivated with willingness to learn from colleagues
- Must be a good team player and able to use own initiative
- Excellent Communication skills (written and verbal)
- Demonstrated outstanding customer service skills
- Demonstrated telephone etiquette skills
- Must have good problem determination skills
- Demonstrated telephone etiquette skills
- Dynamic and flexible "can-do" attitude
- ITSM Support experience and ITIL familiarity
- VPN/Remote Access Support experience
- Mobile device support experience
- Networking environments including wireless
- PC/Technical Support service desk experience
- Excellent time management skills
WHAT DO WE DO FOR YOU?
We offer meaningful and engaging careers, a collaborative culture, and support for your career goals, all while nurturing a healthy work-life balance.
We provide an employment package that attracts, develops and retains only the best in talent. Our reward scheme includes:
- Contributory Pension Scheme
- Private Medical Insurance
- 33 days Annual Leave (including public and privilege holidays, pro rata)
- Access to Flexible benefits (including life assurance, health schemes, EV Scheme and cycle to work scheme)
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 44,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.