Global Information Grid (GIG) Service Management-Operations (GSM-O), a program within the Defense Group of Leidos, has an opening for a Network Performance and Reliability Analyst. Our customer is the Defense Information Systems Agency (DISA) located at Scott AFB, IL and acts as the provider of GIG/Defense Information System Network (DISN) services to the Department of Defense (DoD) and national security organizations.
The Network Performance and Reliability Analyst:
- Conducts data collection, analysis, and reporting of critical DoD telecommunications infrastructure including Dense Wave Division Multiplexing (DWDM), SONET, IP, Joint Regional Security Stacks (JRSS), and Unified Capabilities networks.
- Utilizes available network performance, event, and incident data to identify underlying network anomalies and problems that require resolution to improve the overall network reliability of the DISN.
- Supports identification and assessment of proactive Incidents and Problems in the DISN. When possible, troubleshoot, conduct root cause analysis, and provide resolution of these Incidents and Problem.
- Troubleshoots and identifies root cause of problems in the DISN. For enterprise level problems or issues that must be escalated to other teams including Operational Engineering and Tier 3, continue to provide assistance and support as needed.
- Engages with program driven Innovation development, integration, and continuous improvement by leveraging the use of coding, tools and automation.
- Effectively works both independently and with a team to accomplish objectives and meet performance requirements of the program.
- Support and enhance a holistic approach to improving network and service reliability utilizing analytics and innovation to obtain the highest level of availability and performance.
- Responsible for collection, analysis, trending, and proactive remediation measures to ensure continued operability and efficiency of the DISN and JRSS networks.
- Develop preventative measures and dashboard capabilities based on historical data trends to correlate signatures and identify root causes and suggest corrective action(s)
- Strong organizational skills to actively monitor, track, analyze, and report problem candidates and tickets.
- Proven ability to communicate effectively with technical staff, program leadership, and with business customers
- Correlate large diverse data sets including tickets, alarms, probes, and other performance data to identify trends and relations
- Perform examination of incident and event management artifacts to identify positive and negative trends occurring in the network and develop courses of actions.
- Analytical ability to identify underlying issues and the risks they pose using a variety of performance management data sources.
- Deliver best practice / experience-based process documentation guidance and assistance.
- Coordinate with other contractor and government entities to ensure optimum dissemination of information and network efficiency.
Education and Experience Required:
- Requires BS degree and 4 - 8 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 2 – 6 years of prior relevant experience. May possess a Doctorate in technical domain. Additional experience, education and training may be considered in lieu of degree.
- Requires deep understanding of and ability to apply principles, theories, and concepts of technical domain and has broad understanding of other related specialty areas including Trouble Management, Change Management and SLA Management
- Currently possesses an active DoD Secret Security Clearance with eligibility for a Single Scope Background Investigation (SSBI).
- Currently possess DoD 8750 certification at IAT level II including Security+ CE or CCNA Security.
- Strong written and verbal communications and collaboration skills
- Ability to develop and employ automation in support of both internal and external network management practices to improve overall service availability.
Additional Desired Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree in a relevant IT engineering discipline
- Experience with coding in languages including but not limited to Expect, Python, SQL, and/or Perl
- Knowledge and experience with BMC Remedy and BMC ITSM.
- Experience actively managing and configuring DISN Network Services including IP (SBU and SIPRNET), DWDM, SONET, Unified Capabilities, and/or JRSS.
- Experience with Business Intelligence tools including Splunk, Elastic Search, Kibana, CA Performance Management
- Database management including MS Access, SQL and VBA coding. Experience with Microsoft Excel to include development of charts and graphs.
Pay Range:Pay Range $65,000.00 - $100,000.00 - $135,000.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.