Are you looking for an opportunity to support the United States Department of Defense systems to ensure they are secure and reliable? Our Enterprise and Cyber Solutions Defense team is looking for an experienced Security Operations Center (SOC) Analyst to work with our N2NOMS program which is situated in Colorado Springs, CO.
Our customer maintains a highly demanding mission and requires our support to provide expert technical and professional management support to the commands enterprise Information Technology (IT) services. The Security Operations Center Analysts will support a program that provides sustainment, maintenance, problem and change management services to help ensure secure, reliable, and uninterrupted availability of the Department of Defense IP networks. Security Operations Center Watch Analysts provides 24x7 support to monitor and implement cyber threat mitigation and to obtain steps that an adversary must go through to achieve their goal. This position will report directly to the Cyber Security Operations Watch Lead, with regular interaction with the Cyber Security Manager and government POCs.
Standard Panama (2 days on, 2 days off, 3 days on, 2 days off, 2 days on, 3 days off)
12 hour shifts (6am - 6pm) with switch from Day/Night
Clearance: You must hold an active Secret clearance to start on this program and, you must be able to successfully obtain Top Secret/SCI following hire.
What will you do in this role?
• Work independently to achieve day-to-day objectives with significant impact to the overall NORAD/USNORTHCOM Government mission.
• Engage with NORAD/USNORTHCOM Government customers, internal customers, team members and management, to fulfill cyber security requirements.
• Take responsibility for multiple systems, function interchangeably within a team of engineers and support a cross functional approach to resolving the myriad of issues confronting applications and systems operating within a highly complex and interconnected networked environment.
• Use your deep understanding of and ability to apply principles, theories, and concepts of technical domain and has broad understanding of other related specialty areas experience with the application of DISA Security Technical Implementation Guides (STIGs) to operating Systems, Information Assurance Vulnerability Alert (IAVA) monitoring and application, system vulnerability scanning and mitigation of findings, and remediation of findings.
• Design, develop, and implement solutions that meet network and system security requirements and perform vulnerability/risk analyses of computer systems, networks and applications in conjunction with the tasking being simultaneously performed by the other cyber professionals, network staff, other corporate teammates and resident Government staff.
• Define solutions, communicate them to the stakeholders.
• Present the solution and the adequacy of the solution to the stakeholders to ensure their acceptance, and then implement it within the context of a larger effort.
• Evaluate the network to identify potential issues of network, system, and user cyber threat activity.
• Recommend appropriate countermeasures to deter and stop cyber threat.
• Conduct cyber vulnerability analysis and response.
• Enact and execute downward directed Defensive Cyber Operations actions.
• Execute Information Condition (INFOCON) or Cyber Protection Condition (CPCON) Maintain up to date IP space tracking with subordinate boundaries.
• Ensure access to the NOC and the CWOC-DCO watch.
• Identify and update lists of point of contact for all system/IP inquiries from the CWOC for the entire N&NC IP space.
• Provide expertise on technical and mission impact assessments and liaise with the CWOC and JCC for all Cybersecurity related incidents.
• Conduct technical course of action analysis for cyber threat response based on vulnerabilities, architecture, and defense in depth strategies in place.
• Determine which action analysis are appropriate.
• Develop solutions and determines process improvements by providing root cause analysis for vulnerability exploitation and attack realization.
• Report any security vulnerability produced as a result of the implementation of defensive cyber efforts to the CWOC.
• Provide and compile daily reports to track new and ongoing issues, status of implementation of solutions, results of various analysis, activities, observations, and determine upcoming actions
• Monitor systems and directives, and ensures compliance.
• Develop appropriate tactics, techniques, and procedures (TTPs) for response to cyber threats, cyber security, and access-related incidents, downward directed tasks, and insider threat triggers.
The following qualifications are required in order to be considered...
• Bachelor’s degree and 2+ years relevant experience or a Master’s degree with less than 2 years of experience. Additional years of applicable experience will be accepted in lieu of degree.
• Ability to get Cybersecurity Analyst (CySA+) within 6 months.
• Ability to get DoD 8570 CSSP in any of the following within 6 months: (Analyst, Infrastructure Support, Incident Responder or Auditor).
• Current Secret clearance with ability to obtain TS/SCI and maintain it.
• Willingness to work on Panama schedule, rotating 12 hour shifts.
• Experience recommending additional security requirements and safeguards.
• Experience supporting the formal Cybersecurity/IA testing required by government accrediting authorities, and preparing System Security Plans.
The following qualifications are preferred, but not required:
• Familiarity with NORAD/USNORTHCOM systems.
• DoD 8570 IAM III Certification (CISSP, CISM, etc.)
• Experience in development of end user operating manuals and documentation.
• Familiarity with Virtualization, particularly VMware Horizon/Nutanix AHV
• DISA HBSS 201, 301 or 501 certificates
Pay Range:Pay Range $60,450.00 - $93,000.00 - $125,550.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.