The ISR MEP/PED Systems Division, within the Defense Group at Leidos is seeking Software Developers (entry level) to join our Beavercreek Ohio, Pentagon Blvd. office. This is an exciting opportunity to use your experience helping the Air Force Research Labs (AFRL) Sensors Directorate, Rapid Technology Development & Demonstrations (RTD2) program perform research and development in the areas of open systems architecture (OSA) and rapid integration and demonstration of ISR technologies. In support of this multi-year high visibility program, your position as a Software Developer will be to support USAF programs at Wright Patterson Air Force Base through a combination of laboratory, ground, and flight testing.
• Design, develop and maintain mission-critical software in support of national defense, and intelligence gathering products for both systems both airborne and ground based systems
• Participate in laboratory, ground and flight testing to validate software
• Document and communicate proposed software solutions with integrated, cross-functional engineering teams in a fast paced highly technical environment
• Stay up-to-date on state-of-the-art programming techniques and software technologies
• Participate in software design and code reviews to ensure delivery of quality products and enhance skillsets
• Create modeling and simulation tools for hardware products and systems
• Contribute to investments and research that fuel innovation and technological advancements
• BS or 4 years of experience
• Demonstrated experience generating test procedures, plans, and checklists for hardware and software components based on system requirements and design artifacts
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills
• A DoD Clearance is not required to start, a final DoD Secret level of clearance is required, with the ability to maintain this level of clearance.
• One of many factors in obtaining a DoD clearance is U.S. Citizenship; candidate must be a U.S. Citizen
• Willingness to travel up to 10% (estimate) within the continental United States
• Active DoD Secret (or higher) Clearance
• Advanced degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or similarly relevant engineering discipline
Pay Range:Pay Range $50,700.00 - $78,000.00 - $105,300.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.