The NASA End User Services & Technologies (NEST) program is seeking an individual to lead our end user compute product and services line. This role spans multiple functional areas including product management, business management, vendor management, logistics, and device engineering. The compute lead will manage a dynamic portfolio of products and services to meet or exceed defined service level agreements (SLAs) and business objectives. The primary scope of the position includes end user compute devices and services, including desktops, workstations, laptops, and associated services.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Work in conjunction with the Service Delivery Manager to ensure day to day operations meet customer needs and contractual SLAs.
- Introduce new solutions, innovations to the operational team and coordinating activities to seamlessly bring new products/processes to the program.
- Management for the device and accessories product portfolio, including cost control oversight, sales and revenue targets are met, and overall profitability of the end user compute business.
- Proactively manage an end user device portfolio to ensure product lifecycles, customer requirements, end user demand, and business objectives are kept in alignment.
- Engage regularly and build relationships with our vendor community, including Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEMs) and Value-Added Resellers (VARs) to stay abreast of latest roadmaps, technology trends, and product lifecycles.
- Work closely with program Service Delivery, Logistics, Operations, Procurement, and Finance teams to ensure end-to-end fulfillment of the product line.
- Work collaboratively with company and customer stakeholders to define and proactively shape device hardware requirements.
- Work collaboratively with program engineering and operations teams to co-develop integrated hardware/software solutions to keep the end user compute product line at the forefront of industry technology.
- Provide program requirements to the Leidos Strategic Sourcing organization and NEST Supply Chain Engineer.
- Ensure timely update to customer deliverable documents and communications artifacts, including technology refresh plans, product and service catalog content, and configuration documentation.
- Plan and manage vendor-supported roadshows, expos, and other events aimed at showcasing emerging technology and currently available products to end users.
- Plan and manage for the test and evaluation of new and emerging products prior to deployment, including end user pilot groups, surveys, and other methodologies to match product with mission-need.
- Collect and analyze NASA compute requirements and lead solution development and integration activities to include proposal development, RFP responses, and participate in contracts discussions.
- Identify opportunities to improve the day-to-day compute service delivery operations through continual service improvement and undertake projects that improve the overall delivery service across all NASA Centers.
- Guide the development of new or changed Service Management processes in accordance with customer Service Catalog.
Qualifications & Experience
- Extensive knowledge of the end user computing marketplace and top vendors: Dell, HP, and Apple.
- Technical expertise in the configuration and features of end user device hardware, software, and accessories.
- Experience in supplier relationship management, vendor management, and subcontract management.
- Experience working with, or within, the IT Fulfillment Channel.
- Experience with developing financial and pricing models
- Experience in product marketing and communications
- Experience in planning and managing both small and large-scale events
- Located within 50 miles of a NASA center.
- Ability to travel up to 25% of the time.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE: Typically requires a BA degree and 4 – 8 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 2 – 6 years of prior relevant experience or equivalent years of experience.
Pay Range:Pay Range $74,750.00 - $115,000.00 - $155,250.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.