Come join one of our high performing teams responsible for building enterprise solutions serving the Veterans Affairs. Be part of the mission solution and help lead VA’s Digital Modernization Strategy. Are you an US citizen, US resident, or Visa candidate and think you might fit the job description? We recommend you apply and start the conversation today! Join us in supporting Veterans Affairs and our nation’s Veterans.
Your passion and values might be a good fit for our teams if you answer “yes” to the following questions:
- Are you looking for a company that puts employees first, with a focus on career, flexibility, and well-being?
- Do you enjoy collaborating with colleagues and teammates and believe that the best ideas are fostered in an inclusive environment?
- Are you searching for a team with a strong sense of ownership, urgency, and drive for daily mission success?
- Are you comfortable with proactive outward communication and technical leadership?
- Do you enjoy being a catalyst, solving complex problems, and providing innovative solutions?
- Do you have the flexibility, creativity, and resilience to pivot the mission for success?
- Do you have the courage to make tough ethical decisions with pride, transparency, and respect?
Leidos is looking for a Lead Systems Engineer to join a high performing Agile team in implementing and deploying a modern HR management system (based on Workday) at Veterans Affairs. The selected candidate will provide system engineering expertise in one or more of the following areas: architecture, design, development, requirements analysis, data flow, cloud deployment, testing, and documentation for the system. He/she will analyze user requirements, system architecture, and system requirements specifications, and will provide systems engineering expertise and develop system architecture and system design documentation. Responsibilities include supporting and providing guidance for system development and implementation planning through assessment of system engineering plans and system integration and test plans. He/she will support the development of system configuration documentation, including designs for capacity and performance planning and will perform engineering activities, including risk assessments and analyses of alternatives for a variety of system related issues and concerns. He/she will help define task success criteria and test procedures.
This position requires the ability to obtain a National Agency Clearance and Inquiries (NACI) clearance.
Leads the Data Management, Analytics & Reporting, and Integration teams to accomplish the following tasks:
- Provide input for risk management and mitigation.
- Conduct enterprise architecture infrastructure engineering activities, including systems infrastructure engineering.
- Develop and implement the data migration strategy.
- Perform ongoing data management activities.
- Develop reports and dashboards.
- Develop and implement the integration strategy.
- Assist in the development and maintenance of systems engineering documentation and diagrams/models working in coordination/collaboration with the technical team members.
- Coordinate with the Solution Architect and the Cloud Architect to configure and implement cloud resources (Azure or AWS) to support the Workday implementation.
- Participate in the VA’s authorization and approval process (ATO, ATC, MOU, & etc.) for solutions and services.
- 5+ years experience in systems engineering, working with highly scalable systems
- Strong knowledge of Agile development processes
- Demonstrable experience in data integration and workflow scripting
- Proficiency with data modeling, manipulation, and distribution between applications
- Strong proficiency in relevant coding languages (e.g. .NET, Java, Python, SQL)
- Experience with GOV Cloud Deployments
- Experience with Application Life Cycle Management
- Experience with data migration, ETL, data conversion and data clean up
- Familiarity with continuous integration/continuous development tools (Jenkins, Ansible)
- Experience with tools such as Jira, and Confluence
- Experience with Report Development such as Operations, KPIs and SLAs
- Familiar with DODAF Framework
- Ability to communicate complex technical information in a condensed manner to various stakeholders verbally and in writing
- Adaptability and a willingness to learn new skills, technologies, and frameworks
- A bachelor's degree in Systems Engineering, or other relevant field
- 10 years total experience including five years senior level experience in Systems Engineering
Substitutions to Education
- 8 years’ relevant experience + Master’s degree may be substituted for education
- 15 years’ relevant experience may be substituted for education
- Certifications: CSM, Workday certifications
- Prior experience providing technical leadership for Workday implementations
- Prior experience leading system engineering efforts at Veterans Affairs
5-10% of the time
Pay Range:Pay Range $113,100.00 - $174,000.00 - $234,900.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Covid Guidance for the US
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 44,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.