Are you looking for your next “great mission” professionally? Do you feel like you have more to give, want to learn new skills and be part of a team with a rewarding mission supporting our active military? Leidos has the perfect job for you!
We are looking for a skilled and adaptable Jr. Technical Architect to support our $4.3 billion DOD Healthcare Management System Modernization (DHMSM) program in Vienna, VA, providing the modernization of Electronic Health Record (EHR) capabilities for the Department of Defense. Leidos, along with core partners Cerner, Accenture, and Henry Schein, will support the DHMSM Program Executive Office (PEO) and the Defense Health Agency in the global deployment of our proposed EHR system that will deliver improved system capability to the DoD whenever and wherever healthcare is required. This is one of the most exciting, cutting-edge programs that you can be a part of with Team Leidos. Our solutions will improve the quality of healthcare for some 10 million military personnel and their families. Let talk about how good it feels when you know you are making that kind of difference!!
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING
- Work closely with senior level engineering team members to enhance HIE capabilities, and design/develop interfaces between HIE and external systems.
- Assist with providing technical architecture guidance across the engineering lifecycle (analyze, design, build, test, deploy and support)
- Participate and assist in the introduction of new capabilities and the enhancement or troubleshooting of existing capabilities
- Research, understand/learn new technologies when encountered
- Assist in the development of detailed designs, data flow diagrams, and everything in between.
- Meld commercial products with custom developed solutions to meet functional requirements while working within the guidelines of the client’s infrastructure
- Work independently within a matrixed organization, communicating and working with Product Team Owners, application development and integration teams, network teams, and application security teams as required to complete assigned tasks.
FACTORS FOR SUCCESS
- BS Degree and 4-8 years of prior relevant experience.
- US Citizen with ability to obtain ADP2/IT2 Public Trust. Federal Government requirement.
- Experience ensuring project compliance with corporate/program technical guidelines
- Technical knowledge and hands on experience with HIE (Health Information Exchange)
- Understanding of technical and clinical workflows of health information systems
- Experience with requirements interpretation and decomposition, as well as the documentation of data flows and creation of system diagrams.
- Understanding of software development (including testing) methodologies, and cross functional experience throughout various life-cycle phases
- Strong verbal and written communications skills, with an ability to communicate technical concepts
- Demonstrated self-starter and team contributor with strong analytical, problem-solving, and conceptual skills
- Excellent analytical, design and troubleshooting skills with a strong commitment to quality
- Excellent skills in research, analysis, and testing
- Excels at working in a rapidly changing environment where processes may not always be defined; not afraid to learn as you go and work autonomously with little direction at times
- Quickly comprehends the basic concepts and works to sharpen their skills and knowledge in defined areas
- Excellent communications skills, executive presentation presence and proven collaboration ability.
HOW YOU WILL STAND OUT FROM THE CROWD
- EHR system architecture and implementation
Pay Range:Pay Range $74,750.00 - $115,000.00 - $155,250.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 44,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.