Security Enterprise Solutions Group at Leidos currently has an opening for a Black Belt to work in our Tewksbury office. This is an exciting opportunity to use your Lean Six Sigma experience helping the Aviation and Ports and Border programs deliver quality products to their customers. In this mission, you will partner with Leidos Operations and Supply Chain functions to eliminate waste and reduce process variability. You will work in transactional and manufacturing environments. Your primary location will be Vista, CA but you will also be responsible for process improvement activities at other Leidos sites (US & UK).
- Lead Continuous Improvement efforts
- Be the agent for change through establishing relationships with department leaders (Ops, Supply Chain, Quality, Service, and others as required)
- Identify CI training needs for operational teams and deliver the plan
- Develop and deliver Lean Six Sigma training to internal customers
- Metric definition, creation & tools for both leading and lagging indicators
- Lean/ Six Sigma project governance including allocation of resources
- Hire, mentor, and coach Green
- Develop process enhancement strategies and influence others to accept new ways of working
- Guide & coach, the business in best practice and benchmarking activities
- Analyse data and gain insights to understand opportunities and risks
- Certified Black Belt from a reputable organization (trained in the DMAIC model)
- Proficient with Microsoft Suite, Visio, and MS Project
- Experience of leading medium sized teams, creating an environment where individuals flourish and the team succeeds
- Experience working in a matrixed environment
- Deployment of Lean & Six sigma tools and implementing countermeasures that “stick”
- Ability to deploy a range of styles and approaches when putting forward the convincing argument for the need for change
- Ability to influence leaders at all levels to participate in the change process
- Experience of
- Dynamic thinking and problem-solving skills
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to effectively work with stakeholders
- Robotic Process Automation (Bots)
- Experience of negotiating change in a large multi-national organization
- Experience of leading teams remotely across multiple time zones
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE: Requires BS degree and 8 – 12 years of prior relevant experience
Pay Range:Pay Range $81,900.00 - $126,000.00 - $170,100.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.