Are you looking for your next “great mission” professionally? Do you feel like you have more to give, want to learn new skills and be part of a team with a rewarding mission supporting our active military? Leidos has the perfect job for you!
We are looking for a skilled and adaptable New Capabilities Development Lead to support our $4.3 billion DOD Healthcare Management System Modernization (DHMSM) program in Vienna, VA, providing the modernization of Electronic Health Record (EHR) capabilities for the Department of Defense. Leidos, along with core partners Cerner, Accenture, and Henry Schein, will support the DHMSM Program Executive Office (PEO) and the Defense Health Agency in the global deployment of our proposed EHR system that will deliver improved system capability to the DoD whenever and wherever healthcare is required. This is one of the most exciting, cutting-edge programs that you can be a part of with Team Leidos. Our solutions will improve the quality of healthcare for some 10 million military personnel and their families. Let talk about how good it feels when you know you are making that kind of difference!!
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING
- Work with proposal team to provide pitch planning, execution and closing.
- Provide direction to pitch teams and ensure decks are well prepared for monthly program review or quarterly summit
- Provide technical guidance across the engineering lifecycle (analyze, design, build, test, deploy, support)
- Participate in the introduction of new capabilities and the enhancement or troubleshooting of existing capabilities
- Present new solutions, capabilities to large government audiences and technical stakeholders
- Ability to understand/learn new technologies when encountered
- Assist in the development of detailed designs, data flow diagrams, and everything in between.
- Meld commercial products with custom developed solutions to meet functional requirements while working within the constraints of the client’s IT and cyber infrastructure
- Work independently within a matrixed organization
FACTORS FOR SUCCESS
- BS Degree and 8-12 years of experience or Masters with 6-10 years of relevant experience.
- US Citizen with ability to obtain ADP2/IT2 Public Trust. Federal Government requirement.
- Technical knowledge with hands-on experience
- Strong verbal and written communications skills, with an ability to express complex technical concepts in business terms
- Ensuring small project compliance with corporate/program technical guidelines
- Demonstrating leadership skills and possessing a track record across various life-cycle phases (cross-functional experience highly desirable)
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, and conceptual skills
- Strong interpersonal skills; ability to communicate and persuade at all management levels and thrive in a cross-functional environment
- Requirements interpretation and decomposition
- Software development methodologies, including testing
HOW YOU WILL STAND OUT FROM THE CROWD
- Cybersecurity implementations
- Identity and access management
- EHR system architecture and implementation
Pay Range:Pay Range $94,250.00 - $145,000.00 - $195,750.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.