Leidos, Inc., the implementer for Ameren Illinois' award-winning energy efficiency programs, seeks a Market Development Project Manager. Ameren Illinois operates the Market Development Initiative (MDI) aimed at developing a best-in-class model to engage diverse and economically challenged communities, businesses, and individuals through energy efficiency investment. The MDI Project Manager's primary responsibility is to coordinate the planning and execution of all projects related to this initiative throughout the Ameren Illinois service territory, to include Peoria, Bloomington-Normal, Decatur, Springfield, Collinsville, and Marion.
Travel will be approximately 25% throughout the territory.
Job Location: Ameren Illinois and Leidos believe it is very important to provide employment opportunity to the utility ratepayers that reside in Illinois. Therefore, there is Strong preference for the successful candidate to be located in the Ameren Illinois service territory. https://www.ameren.com/illinois/company/about-ameren/service-territory (roughly the southern two-thirds of Illinois). The Ameren Illinois service territory includes several large to mid-size communities such as Galesburg, Quincy, Peoria, Bloomington-Normal, Champaign-Urbana, Danville, Decatur, Springfield, Charleston-Mattoon, Effingham, Mt. Vernon, Marion, Carbondale, and Metro East (Belleville, O'Fallon, Granite City, Edwardsville, Alton, Collinsville).
Ability to travel to the Peoria, IL and/or Collinsville, IL area as needed.
Under the leadership of the Implementation Portfolio Director, the MDI Project Manager works in cooperation with Leidos and Ameren Illinois managers to identify, plan, and facilitate Market Development Projects in underserved communities throughout the Ameren Illinois service territory. This position will regularly interact with internal resources, community-based organizations and other key groups and agencies to effectively drive projects to completion. The Market Development Project Manager will work in coordination with both the MDI and energy efficiency Portfolio Implementation teams to deliver the energy efficiency message to all Ameren Illinois customers and stakeholders.
• Coordinates the planning and execution of MDI projects and activities
• Assists in efforts for the achievement of key initiative goals, including boosting the number of diverse and local businesses in the energy efficiency industry, increasing the number of diverse and income-qualified program participants, and generating greater community awareness of energy efficiency
• Serves as the project management advisor for MDI projects including budget tracking, scheduling, oversight, and outcomes tracking.
• Assists in the creation and management of the Market Development Action Plan which details equity-based improvements and metrics within the Energy Efficiency Portfolio
• Serves as primary point of communication between MDI team and Energy Efficiency Portfolio Implementation team
• Assists in efforts to identify new community partners and developing connections with new partners to the energy efficiency program
• Works with diverse business enterprises in the Ameren Illinois service territory with potential to participate in the energy efficiency programs
• Continues to be flexible throughout the program year to adjust engagement strategies and tactics based on initiative needs
• Creates and tracks project timelines and budgets as assigned to ensure all tasks are completed on-time and on-budget
• Provides information and/or makes presentations to supervisors, boards, commissions, civic groups, businesses, and the general public on programs, services, projects, and plans
• Provides regular status reports to Ameren Illinois and program implementer team members on project status
Required Education & Experience:
• Bachelor’s degree with 4+ years of work experience in economic development, city planning, community-based organization/not-for-profit, communications or related field. Background in energy efficiency preferred but not required. High school diploma with additional 4 years related experience may be considered in lieu of degree.
• Minimum of 2 years of project management experience preferred
• Must be willing to travel up to 25% of the time
• Demonstrated capability and success in project development and execution strategies
• Ability to work closely with community partners, including community action agencies across central and southern Illinois
• Strong written and oral communication skills and ability to speak in front of medium size groups
• Demonstrated organizational and interpersonal skills
• Energetic, can-do attitude and will to succeed
• Exceptional attention to detail, quality, and follow-through
• Adaptability and flexibility with required changes
• Professional demeanor and dedication to delivering top notch customer service
• Experience with record-keeping and organization of data
• Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
Pay Range:Pay Range $65,000.00 - $100,000.00 - $135,000.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 45,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.