We are in search of an Engineering Technologist to join our diverse and fast-paced organization. As a core team member, you will be interacting with other electric utility disciplines, playing a valuable part in performing GIS updates, engineering design work and calculations. As a part of this work, you’ll be coordinating with local municipalities, permit agencies, right-of-way specialists, system owners, field leaders, forestry leaders, and 3rd party owners for joint-owned poles. Additionally, you will work closely with our client to update their GIS system based on real-world data to provide accurately complete designs. You may also provide design packages, provide engineering support during construction, including post-construction reviews to ensure all applicable engineering and construction standards have been met. You’ll engage with technical design and Client standards, ensuring quality and timeliness of all deliverables to QAQC.
Responsibilities may include all or some of the following:
- Review work provided by Client and assess requirements of scopes.
- Use GIS/CAD software to support electric distribution projects and data maintenance for higher complexity and priority projects.
- Use all resources available to identify existing distribution equipment in field (including ArcGIS, Google Maps, Client references, WMS, etc.)
- Identify data inconsistencies and communicate with the appropriate resources to provide accurate data updates to client systems
- Complete all redlines to existing GIS system
- Use engineering designs, client standards, and surveying data to produce plan sets for underground utilities (including plan and profile, conduit/cable sketches, traffic control plan, etc.)
- Ability to work in an Agile team environment where collaboration and receptiveness to feedback are essential to producing high quality work to meet Leidos & clients’ standards. Travel to sites as needed, perform inspections, and return to the office to perform engineering design work.
- Complete engineering design work and provide deliverables to client.
- Perform engineering calculations as: structural analysis for wood pole loading, guying calculations, specifying conductor sags and tensions for recommended spans, and calculation of voltage drop and flicker.
- Storm response work as needed
What you will bring to the table:
- AS degree in Engineering Technology or related and 1-3 years of experience. Additional experience may be considered in lieu of degree. Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Written and verbal communication skills
- Proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.)
- Knowledge of Client Standards preferred.
- GIS experience required (Esri or other) required, CAD experience preferred.
Successful candidates can look forward to a fast paced, diverse work environment and flexible work hours/work arrangements as well as managers who will encourage career development and growth.
No two career paths will ever look the same. At Leidos, we know the most talented and diverse engineering professionals will always have a multitude of career choices; your time at Leidos will be a wise investment in your career and in yourself. Protect yourself and your family with the benefits of working for a world-class employer. When you join Leidos, you join a Fortune 500 company and one of Ethisphere Institute’s “World's Most Ethical Companies.”
Pay Range:Pay Range $36,400.00 - $56,000.00 - $75,600.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.