In support of a specialized training program at the Center for Domestic Preparedness (CDP) the CBRNE/WMD Instructor will contribute to the strategic plan for the organization, work closely with the Subject Matter Expert (SME) Course Leader to ensure seamless training delivery, and periodically evaluate training delivery and recommend changes as indicated. The successful candidate will maintain knowledge base as a SME in the CBRNE/WMD discipline through training and continued involvement in the field and maintain qualification to instruct in CBRNE/WMD related courses.
- Conduct indoor classroom-style training in a controlled environment, as well as outdoor hands-on demonstrations and exercises in both the extreme heat and cold.
- Contribute to improvement of the toxic agent training experience through continuous research and training revision.
- Maintain knowledge base as a SME in assigned course content.
- Comply with supervisor assignment for entries into the COBRA (Chemical Ordnance Biological Radiological) Training Facility toxic agent training environment.
- Actively seek and participate in cross-training opportunities to maximize instructor resources and the overall training experience for student responders.
- Assist with review of course outcomes to include weekly After Action Reports and ongoing QA/QC of course.
- Participate in cross-training of instructional staff in related fields to maximize instructor resources and the overall training experience for student responders.
- Contribute to the revision of course materials and assist in the development, review and revision of policies pertaining to training delivery.
- Participate in lecture and practice exercises within the CBRNE/WMD field as assigned.
- Interface regularly with national, state, and local officials to maintain expertise in state-of-the art training techniques and methods.
- Ensure quality instruction for CBRNE/WMD related tasks in personal protective equipment (PPE) at a field training site using technology to detect, identify, and neutralize a weapon of mass destruction. Instruction includes hands-on, multi-task performance oriented training in live agent.
- Address safety issues to ensure compliance as it relates to risk assessment and safety standard operating procedures.
- Address and instruct mass triage and principles of mass casualty response in relationship to a CBRNE related incident.
- With exposure to live agents supervise the doffing procedures for all same gender students exiting the hot training bays of the toxic agent facility which includes all same-gender students showering after each exercise in a military-style shower with limited privacy.
- Performs other duties as assigned
- 10+ years of experience working within one of the emergency response disciplines that support all-hazard response. Of the 10 required years of experience, 5 years must be specialized experience working with WMD, CBRNE, or Hazardous materials (civilian or military) at the technician level as defined by OSHA and/or NFPA.
- Minimum 3 years of current instructional experience.
- Possess a teaching certification, have postsecondary teaching experience, or teaching degree.
- Possess functional knowledge of the federal response plan/NIMS.
- Ability to lift a minimum of 65 pounds (i.e. SCBA and other equipment) during demonstrations and exercises.
- Ability to perform prolonged standing, bending, climbing, kneeling, and pushing and pulling carts containing equipment.
- Ability to wear Level A-C PPE including SCBA for period of 1.5 hours up to five hours.
- Must pass a pre-placement and annual medical exam.
- Must submit to and obtain final suitability by successful completion of background check, financial institutions/credit bureau check, and disclosure under the Freedom of Information Act
- Due to Federal Contract Regulations, U. S. citizenship is required.
- Must have an accepted form of government-issued ID compliant with the Real ID Act
- Must submit to and obtain final suitability by successful completion of a pre-placement screening consisting of background check, financial institutions/credit bureau check, and disclosure under the Freedom of Information Act.
- Working knowledge of weapons of mass destruction which includes related experience in a WMD incident and/or experience in a manmade or natural disaster of national significance.
Pay Range:Pay Range $46,150.00 - $71,000.00 - $95,850.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Covid Guidance for the US
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 44,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.