The Technical Director will lead overall Division technical innovation, differentiation, and strategy to include creation and execution of a technology roadmap, development of technical solutions for the AEGIS and NEST programs in support of the NASA OCIO. This role will provide integration and management of the technical approach for the NASA IT Division to include internal research and development (IR&D) portfolio and supporting technical performance across all programs focused on growing the $5.5B portfolio. The Technical Director will bring deep domain expertise in end user technologies, digital modernization, and enterprise solutions to actively participate in the definition and implementation of the long-term technology strategy aligned to the Division, Operation, NASA and Corporate technology strategy. You will meet with current and potential customers to demonstrate the Divisions technical capability. Additional responsibilities of the Technical Director include closely partnering with the Divisions Programs to help grow, optimize and streamline capability across NASA IT, EMS, Civil and Leidos. You will be directly engaged with the Programs Chief Engineers and Sr management to ensure the Division’s technology strategy is aligned with the organization's strategic plan and is reflected in the business growth strategy. The Technical Director will consult with Civil Operations, EMS and other business leadership on potential solutions to problems for our customers and the company. The Technical Director will also be a Sr Solutions Architect and be active participant in the Capture Process to include writing and reviewing proposal material and assisting with solutioning. You will seek partnerships with strategic suppliers, OEMs, Vendors, renowned universities, and research institutions to develop differentiated solutions. The Technical Director will be the chief collaborator for all technical matters external to the Division and internal to Division management and the Division engineering leadership. Additionally, you will be responsible for the identification, development and mentoring of mid to senior level technical staff.
- Recognized expert with, and experience supporting one or more of the following agencies: NASA, NOAA and other CIVIL agencies.
- Prior technical roles within similar organizations with growing duties and responsibilities
- Large acquisition program experience
- Demonstrated expertise and program performance in the areas of end user technologies, digital modernization, enterprise IT, mission IT, Artificial Intelligence, Cloud
- Proven experience architecting large ($10-$100M+) systems within the end user technologies, digital modernization, software and enterprise solutions domain
- Experience leading technical teams to include engineers, solution architects and solution developers
- Desired experience supporting external technology assessment
- Successful leveraging of Cloud, and Artificial Intelligence technologies
- Experience developing solutions using Robotic Process Automation (RPA)
- Knowledge of ITSM tools (e.g., ServiceNow, Remedy)
- Ability to develop, manage, and implement a technology roadmap and portfolio
- Experience with system development and security lifecycle
- Understanding and experience with NASA Risk Management Framework
- Strong oral and written communication skills, along with public speaking skills
- Ability to influence and persuade others, as well as handle difficult negotiations requiring a well-developed sense of strategy
- Ability to mentor, lead, and promote talent
- Experience developing and leading technical teams
- Significant experience supporting capture activities to include chairing/participating in Gate Reviews, writing specific sections of proposals, providing preliminary technical guidance for solutions, and task cost estimation
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE: Requires a BA/BS or equivalent experience and 12+ years of prior relevant experience.
Pay Range:Pay Range $124,800.00 - $192,000.00 - $259,200.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.