Leidos is currently seeking a Network Engineer for JRSS in Stuttgart.
Defense Information Systems Agency (DISA) is partnering with the U.S. Army and Air Force to fundamentally change the way the Department of Defense (DoD) secures and protects its information networks by deploying Joint Regional Security Stacks (JRSS). Joint Regional Security Stacks (JRSS) are designed for security of the network to be centralized into regional architectures instead of locally distributed architectures at each military base, post, camp or station.
- Assists with planned ASIs and routine network maintenance in adherence with DISA Change Management process.
- Works with DISA mission partners and DISA customers for the resolution of network based issues.
- Functioning as a liaison to DISA Watch Officers and DISA manager for updates and status of high priority trouble tickets and ASIs.
- Processes and resolves escalated trouble tickets from Tier I in accordance with GSM-O SLA and ALP metrics.
- Maintains network connectivity in a community based BGP architecture that leans heavily on VRF technologies and mBGP.
- Maintains and troubleshoots network protocols, specifically BGP, OSPF, EIGRP, IPSEC, DMVPN, and HSRP.
- Maintenance of routing protocols including EIGRP, OSPF, BGP, and implementation of access control lists in different environments.
- Operates various types of routing and switching protocols (VPN, VRF, VLAN, BGP, and HSRP).
- Maintains performance, availability, and security of the JRSS network architecture.
- Assists with analysis of network and telecommunications alarms to identify potential issues.
- Identifies and documents network incidents and changes in accordance with the ITSM framework.
- Provides engineering support and advanced technical operational support to the Defense Information Systems Network by installing and configuring network devices such as firewalls, routers, and security sensors to resolve incidents and maintain security posture in accordance with STIG guidelines.
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant technical discipline with 2-4 years of overall related experience. Additional years of related experience may be accepted in lieu of a degree.
- Must hold DoD-8570 IAT Level 2 baseline certification (Security+ CE, CISSP, or equivalent) prior to start date.
- Active Secret clearan
- Hands-on experience with the following technologies: WAN IP routing protocols, MPLS, IPsec, VOIP/EVOIP, traffic shaping, firewalls (e.g. Cisco ASA, Palo Alto, Juniper), IPS/IDS systems, load balancers, and/or WAN traffic acceleration.
- Proven experience with networking protocols to include IPsec, HSRP, BGP, OSPF, 802.11, and QoS.
- Proven technical hands-on experience working in an enterprise environment (static routes, VRFs, route maps, redistribution).
- Proven experience conducting the following: performance management, fault management, Local Area Network (LAN) maintenance.
- Ability to perform on-call duties as required for the program.
Pay Range:Pay Range $60,450.00 - $93,000.00 - $125,550.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.