The Leidos Civil NISC IV team is looking to hire a skilled Sr .NET Software Developer / System Architect to help with performing Tech refreshes of critical FAA desktop applications. Your duties will primarily revolve around desktop application development by writing code, as well as modifying software to fix errors, adapt it to new hardware, improve its performance, or upgrade interfaces. You will also be involved in directing system testing and validation procedures, and also working with customers or departments on technical issues including software system design and maintenance.
To be successful in this role, you will need extensive knowledge of languages and the software development life-cycle. A bachelor's degree in computer science or related degree is required.
- Develop, enhance, and maintain .Net applications, and handle both frontend and backend development procedures.
- Perform task using Oracle and SQL database systems
- Design, configure, develop, and implement enhancements and production fixes to existing systems.
- Develop and implement new systems, and ensure that their configuration is properly handled.
- Use development best practices, and appropriate patterns to develop required software solutions.
- Create and maintain technical documentation, including user manuals and guides.
- Formulate and define system scope and objectives, based on the individual needs of each user.
- Analyze and revise existing system logic difficulties, and ensure that technical knowledge of all phases of application systems is maintained.
- Develop, maintain, and support existing VBA applications, and analyze and convert business requirements as needed.
- Perform object-oriented analysis and design, and diligent testing to ensure optimal performance of all assigned systems and system modules.
- BS degree and 8+ years of prior relevant experience. Additional years of experience or education will be considered in lieu of a degree.
- Experience delivering entire projects or processes spanning multiple technical areas.
- Deep understanding of software lifecycle.
- Working knowledge of Agile Development and continuous integration and continuous delivery methodologies and tools.
- Strong, self-motivated desire to learn new programming languages, tools, frameworks, and techniques.
- Ability to complete tasking independently with minimal direct supervision.
- Ability to work and collaborate effectively within a multi-disciplined engineering team.
- Experience working with .NET framework
- Experience working with languages (C#, Java)
- Experience working with basic web technologies (XML, REST, JSON)
- Experience working with a version control system (Git).
- Experience working with Agile Development methodologies.
- Experience working with multiple operating systems (Windows, LINUX, etc.).
- Experience working with at least one Relational Database Management System (Oracle, MySQL, SQL Server, etc.).
- Experience working with a Jenkins pipeline.
Pay Range:Pay Range $94,250.00 - $145,000.00 - $195,750.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.