Leidos is seeking an experienced Tier 3 systems engineer to provide support to a mission critical enterprise identity and access management system. A successful candidate will develop an understanding of the services offered to external organizations, provide lifecycle systems engineering support to development and operations on the program, and use a combination of technical and functional expertise to recommend solutions to satisfy customer requirements.
- Work with the program leadership team to define program-level architecture and engineering needs
- Define system requirements for new capabilities
- Define scope and high-level design of new capabilities
- Apply system knowledge and engineering methodologies to design new capabilities and enhancements to the operational baseline
- Create/update requirements and use case documentation
- Create/update end user documentation such as user guides
- Create/update architecture diagrams, flowcharts, graphics, and other documentation
- Requires BS in Engineering (or a related discipline) and 8-12 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 6-10 years of prior relevant experience. May consider work experience in lieu of a degree.
- Experience with systems engineering methodologies
- Experience with architecture diagrams
- General knowledge of identity and access management concepts
- Experience performing requirements analysis
- Self-starter with the ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Strong customer relation skills
- Clearance: TS/SCI clearance required
- Security+ Certification or other DOD 8570 IAT Lvl II Certification - Security+ Certification will be needed within a certain timeframe after starting if not starting with one when hired.
- Experience working with geospatial applications
- Understanding of Agile processes
- Experience with AWS/Cloud technologies
- Prior use with the Atlassian suite tools, specifically JIRA and Confluence
- Experience with system security, design, and architecture
Pay Range:Pay Range - -
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 44,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.