The ITSSC II Program is in search of a Senior Mainframe Developer. We serve the Social Security Administration (SSA) and their mission to meet the changing needs of the public, positively impacting at least 65 million American lives per month. Be part of the mission solution and help lead SSA’s Digital Modernization Strategy. We are a team of forward-looking professionals in need of a strong candidate with these key required skills: IBM z/OS (OS/390/MVS), COBOL, REXX, JCL, and CLIST. Do you have most of these key required skills, education, or experience? Do you want to learn more about our telework posture? Are you an US citizen, US resident, or Visa candidate and think you might fit? We recommend you apply and start the conversation today! Join us in supporting our SSA contracts in Woodlawn, Maryland.
These skills will help you succeed in this position:
- Must have advanced experience in IBM z/OS (OS/390/MVS), for developing and maintaining application software systems utilizing, for example, COBOL, REXX, JCL, CLIST.
- Experience with developing, updating, and accessing DB2 databases.
- Must possess advanced experience querying data using SPUFI, QMF, and SQL.
- Experience with mainframe-based software configuration management systems such as Endevor.
- Ability to independently research problems and provide solutions.
- Desired Skills:
- Experience with IBM Dialog Manager
- Experience with Control-M or other mainframe-based job scheduling tools.
Showcase your knowledge of modern development through the following experience or skills:
- Has work experience working in Mainframe modernization initiatives.
- Has the ability to lead Conversion and Modernization initiatives.
- Has a track record of providing latest trends and Creative solutions in mainframe environment to the customers.
- Has demonstrated continuous learning and skill development through adoption of new technology trends in mainframe environment.
Day to Day Responsibilities:
At Leidos, we deliver innovative solutions through the efforts of our diverse and talented people who are dedicated to our customers’ success. We empower our teams, contribute to our communities, and operate sustainable. Everything we do is built on a commitment to do the right thing for our customers, our people, and our community. Our Mission, Vision, and Values guide the way we do business. If this sounds like a mission you want to be a part of, keep reading!
Every position we take is more rewarding when you know the why behind it. Know your work makes a difference to support those who need it most. If your passion is enabling life changing service to those around, you this is the place for you. Find you passion in a team environment where all members are valued regardless of contractor or employee status. We are excited for you to take your place in our Leidos Family.
Find your “Why” with us!
- Develop and maintain projects involving COBOL/DB2, REXX, Skeletons and JCL in mainframe development for the more than 50 Datastore teams that SSA has for existing applications, including Master Beneficiary Record (MBR), Electronic Disability Collection System (EDCS), Internal Revenue Service (IRS), and more.
- Extract data as requested by the Social Security Administration (SSA) and Division of Testing Services (DTS) through EC External Cloning requests.
- Provide and maintain test data in the Regional Validation Data Base using REXX, DB2v13, Skeletons, and Cobol.
- External Cloning: Satisfy the needs of high volume consumers of specialized data, such as the Office of Training (OT) and the Division of Integration Environment Testing (DIET).
- We fulfill the following functions:
- Extract the data from Production.
- Sanitize the data for the various SSN’s requested.
- Extract the data for the SSN’s that were sanitized.
- Delete those SSN’s if they exist to avoid duplicate records.
- Load the data for the test base environment for the various store procedures.
- Participate in schema change versions.
- Use SPUFFI and SQL to validate the information that was Loaded correctly.
- Generate batch report using REXX.
- Analyze, troubleshoot, and debug reported errors in the Validation Data Base VDB and SQL abends.
- Generate the Document of Understanding (DOU) and the test cases matrix for new requirements.
- Use Endeavor to retrieve, add, and move modules between the different environments.
Education & Qualifications
- Master’s degree and 6+ years of experience in a training-related field or bachelor’s degree and 8+ years of experience in a training-related field
- Must be able to obtain a Public Trust
Leidos’ Health Group is recognized as a Top 10 Health IT provider. We draw on decades of success to deliver a range of solutions and services designed to meet the healthcare challenges of today. From the research bench to the patient bedside, we are a company of scientists, engineers, and technologists delivering a broad range of impactful, customizable, and scalable solutions to hospitals and health systems, biomedical organizations, and every U.S. federal agency focused on health. Leidos works with customers across the continuum of care to improve clinical, operational, and financial outcomes with innovative solutions that advance the next generation of care. Our mission is to contribute to creating a healthier world. Begin your journey of a flourishing and meaningful career, share your resume with us today!
Pay Range:Pay Range $94,250.00 - $145,000.00 - $195,750.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.