Leidos is a premier national engineering-based management consulting firm. We are seeking a highly motivated candidate to join our team as a Senior Technical Analyst for the award-winning Ameren Illinois Energy Efficiency Residential Program. This position offers a unique career opportunity to research and promote technology seeking to reduce utility costs for all Ameren Illinois customers.
Ameren Illinois and Leidos believe it is very important to provide employment opportunity to the utility ratepayers that reside in Illinois. Therefore, there is strong preference for the successful candidate to be located in the Ameren Illinois service territory https://www.ameren.com/illinois/company/about-ameren/service-territory (roughly the southern two-thirds of Illinois). The Ameren Illinois service territory includes several large to mid-size communities such as Galesburg, Quincy, Peoria, Bloomington-Normal, Champaign-Urbana, Danville, Decatur, Springfield, Charleston-Mattoon, Effingham, Mt. Vernon, Marion, Carbondale, and Metro East (Belleville, O'Fallon, Granite City, Edwardsville, Alton, Collinsville).
The position is ideal for a person with excellent technical skills and energy engineering experience. The position will be responsible for:
- Technical oversight and leadership in assigned areas.
- Process development, testing, and routine reporting.
- Reviewing technical energy efficiency applications for Ameren Illinois electric and natural gas customers.
- Communicating technical issues within the project team while working closely with contractors, suppliers, and project engineers.
- Researching technology changes to support improvements to the program.
- Completing special assignments relating to technical and financial regulatory compliance, data collection and presentation, application design, or other tasks.
- Assisting in Innovation Team coordination and research
Required Education & Skills:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering (or related) with 3+ years’ experience in energy efficiency or similar technologies. High school diploma with an additional 5 years’ experience may be considered in lieu of a degree.
- Expert knowledge of the operation of energy consuming systems within residential housing (Weatherization, HVAC, lighting, domestic hot water)
- Must be able to work cooperatively and conscientiously on a team with both technical and non-technical members.
- Must have well developed communication skills and be able to express thoughts and ideas clearly and concisely in both verbal and written format.
- Must be well organized, able to conduct project tracking and capable of multitasking several complex and diverse responsibilities.
- Must have strong planning and time management skills, with demonstrated ability to meet deadlines and make unanticipated changes to production deliverables.
- BPI certification is a plus.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Familiarity with the International Energy Conservation Code (IECC) and ASHRAE Efficiency Standards
- Familiarity with Energy Efficiency Technical Reference Manuals
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office Products, especially Excel
- Experience in the development and implementation of standards, procedures and guidelines for a process-oriented position.
Pay Range:Pay Range $52,650.00 - $81,000.00 - $109,350.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.