The Government Health and Safety Operation has an opening for a Security Engineer to support a large healthcare contract in Baltimore.
- You are responsible for taking the lead on implementing security tools, security tool usage, keeping tools upgraded and configured properly, etc. You will provide oversight and will be the subject matter expert to lower-level Security personnel. The Security Officer is responsible to monitor, evaluate, and maintain systems and procedures to safeguard internal information systems, networks, databases, and Web-based assets.
- Conducting vulnerability assessments and monitoring systems, networks, databases and Web-based assets for potential system breaches.
- Recommending and taking the lead on implementing changes to enhance security systems and prevent unauthorized access.
- Responding to alerts from information security tools. Reports, investigates, and resolves higher level security incidents.
- Responding to security tool outages, degradations in service, tune security rules and alerts, and maintaining security tool dashboards and reporting.
- Researching security trends, new methods, and techniques used in unauthorized access of data in order to preemptively eliminate the possibility of system breach. Ensures compliance with regulations and privacy laws.
- Educating and communicating security requirements and procedures to all users and new employees.
- Monitoring processes during the entire lifecycle for its adherence and updating or creating new processes for improvement and minimizing inefficiencies
- Reviewing DevSecOps manual operations and automating processes wherever possible, including permission and configuration changes
- Producing and reviewing security impact analysis (SIA) reports
- Identifying and deploying cybersecurity measures to remediate vulnerabilities and manage risk
- Leading incidence management and root cause analyses
- Coordinating and communicating within the team and with customers
- Striving for continuous improvement and build continuous integration, continuous development, and constant deployment pipeline (CI/CD Pipeline)
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent in experience in Engineering, Computer Science, or related field. Experience may be substituted in lieu of degree.
- 4+ years working in technical support, DevOps, development, IT consulting or other technology related fields
- 3+ years of experience in AWS cloud data architecture and big data technologies, including EMR, Databricks, Hive, Spark, AWS Glue, Athena, and Redshift
- Intermediate to advanced level of expertise in at least one of the following areas: Windows, RHEL, Solaris, or Networking.
- Experience leading the deployment, installation, and configuration of security tools; to include the role of Project Manager.
- Experience with 4 or more vendor products, to include: Splunk, Tripwire, Nessus (Tenable), FireEye, SourceFire/FirePOWER (Cisco), Websense/Blue Coat/Palo Alto or a similar URL filtering appliance, Trend Micro, and Symantec Endpoint Protection.
- Experience with Security Information and Event Management (SIEM) systems.
- Demonstrated working knowledge of vulnerability assessment and penetration testing tools.
- ANSI 17024 related certification required + a high-level industry certification such as the CISSP, CEH, GIAC, etc.
- Experience with AWS (server & serverless services), Ansible or Terraform, CloudFormation, Python, Jenkins, Git, Security scanning tools (Nessus, BurpSuite, Netsparker, OWASP, etc.), IaC (Infrastructure as Code)
- Must possess strong analytical and problem-solving abilities, and strong critical-thinking skills in complex communication environments.
- Experience with Cloud security preferred
All candidates supporting the CMS programs must have lived in the United States at least three (3) out of the last five (5) years prior in order to be considered.
Pay Range:Pay Range $60,450.00 - $93,000.00 - $125,550.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 44,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.