Leidos is seeking mid/senior-level System Administrator to support a large enterprise IT contract for the DOD. The System Administrator will support operations across multiple geographic locations and networks. The System Administrator provides systems and software operations and maintenance support in a large network enterprise, multi-enclave environment. This administrator will deploy, operate and maintain the user profile management system to ensure roaming user profiles are available every time a user logs onto a network. This individual will work in a team environment to ensure mission needs are met and ensure functionality of capabilities of customers.
- Individuals in this role may be required to remotely log into the end users' endpoint (desktops and servers) in order to perform technical software configuration, rebooting, and other remedial actions.
- Provide support implementation, troubleshooting and maintenance support. Rapidly distinguish isolated user problems from service outages.
- Deploy, operate and maintain the user profile management system to ensure roaming user profiles
- Coordinate with customers and stakeholders to collect data, conduct analysis, develop, and implement solutions associated with incident tickets and requirements.
- Establish comprehensive availability and capacity management solution using lessons learned
- Develop solutions to complex technical issues.
- Provide follow-up reports (technical findings, feedback, resolution steps taken) for root cause analysis, engineering technical assessment and process improvement initiatives.
- Mentor junior teammates and may supervise others.
- Update operations and maintenance documentation for 24/7/365 IT Operations Center personnel to assist with initial troubleshooting, triage, and outage classification during non-duty hours.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
Requires BS degree and 2 – 4 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with less than 2 years of prior relevant experience.
Bachelor's degree with 6 years of relevant experience, Masters degree with 4 years or requires BS degree and 2 – 4 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with less than 2 years of prior relevant experience. Experience considered in lieu of degree.
- Experience with interacting with customers to handle complex service inquiries and problems.
- Extensive experience supporting AppSense, User Workspace Manager/User Environment Manager family of products for user profile management.
- Experience working as a Tier 2 system administrator: knowledge of desktop software applications such as web browsing and client software, and IT Service Management (ITSM) software.
- Knowledge of IC IT standards and best practices.
- Experience deploying, operating and maintaining the user profile management system to ensure roaming user profiles are available for customers throughout the enterprise
- Experience with Scripting/Automation using PowerShell or other scripting languages
- Experience with log reviews, incident analysis, and identification of issue trends.
- Experience troubleshooting issues in a growing environment.
- Time management skills.
- Strong oral and written communications skills.
- Track record of working effectively within a team, and support to peers toward improved processes and results.
- Experience with IT Service Management (ITSM) ticketing systems such as ServiceNow.
- Experience reviewing work products from peers for consistency and accuracy.
- Experience supervising and mentoring others in a small team setting
- Candidate must, at a minimum, meet DoD 8570.11- IAT Level II certification requirements (currently Security+ CE, CCNA-Security, GSEC, or SSCP).
- Due to the nature of the government contracts we support, US Citizenship is required.
- TS/SCI with a Poly is required for this position or TS/SCI and willingness to get a Poly.
- Ivanti User Workspace Manager Administrator certification or equivalent AppSense certification
- ITIL Foundation certification
Pay Range:Pay Range $60,450.00 - $93,000.00 - $125,550.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 44,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.