Supervise, coordinate, and evaluate logistics operations to include but not limited to property accountability, procurement, transportation, training aids fabrication, and equipment maintenance operations to support contract operations.
- Supervise up to 20 logistics staff personnel
- Supervise multi-functional logistics operations that include property accountability, planning, coordination, and evaluation of logistics actions
- Supervise maintenance planning and management, asset/inventory control, support equipment management, training, financial resourcing, storage and transportation, and training materials fabrication
- Supervise procurement processes to include requests for supplies, materials, and services to support a large training facility and related operations
- Conduct needs assessments to determine requirements for the purchase of goods or services to support the training mission
- Develop and implement logistics plans, processes, procedures, and solutions designed to improve organizational effectiveness and efficiency throughout the Logistics area of operations
- Efficiently supervise the property accountability of Government Furnished Equipment (GFE) and consumable equipment and supplies
- Monitor attendance, productivity, and other training support standards and provide coaching and counseling to staff personnel
- Closely supervise personnel working hours and activities to minimize overtime
- Understand the location-specific customer goals & objectives and work to meet and exceed these expectations daily
- Supervise fleet vehicle maintenance program to ensure fleet vehicles are maintained in good repair in a state of high readiness, operator training and protocols are updated with changes in technology, and periodic operational checks are performed
- Willingness to travel as necessary, work the required schedule, work at the specific location required
- High School diploma and a minimum of ten years of experience managing logistical operations or related experience.
- Ability to lift, turn, and carry heavy equipment (up to 60 pounds) to support training.
- Perform detailed tasks under time constraints.
- Must be able to accommodate a flexible work schedule.
- Ability to work with customer representatives at different organizational levels.
- Strong interpersonal, communication, written, and oral skills, to include the ability to work well as part of a team.
- Due to Federal Contract Regulations, U. S. citizenship is required.
- Must have an accepted form of government-issued ID compliant with the Real ID Act
- Must submit to and obtain final suitability by successful completion of a pre-placement screening consisting of background check, financial institutions/credit bureau check, and disclosure under the Freedom of Information Act.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field and a minimum of three years related experience
- Proficient in Cost point accounting to include requisitions, good receipts and procurement auditing.
- DOT and dispatching experience for dedicated contract carriage
Pay Range:Pay Range $50,700.00 - $78,000.00 - $105,300.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 44,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.